OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PAPPY'S ivory tipped strikers "ROCK"

Started by slicksbeagles1, May 11, 2011, 08:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

:wav:PAPPY'S ivory tipped strikers ROCK. I just ordered 3 from PAPPY for myself and my sons. They are beautiful 1 is paduak, 1 zebrawood, 1 osage. I can't make up my mind which one I want they look so good. They are also reasonably priced 10.99 plus shipping. THANKS PAPPY  :jesus-cross:

TarheelTurk

Could you or maybe Pappy post a pic of these strikers? I would like take a look .
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

gobbler336

i agree 100% got one in the mail on a friday evening and killed a bird with it on an aluminum call the next morning.   

bowhunter84

Quote from: TarheelTurk on May 11, 2011, 11:18:34 AM
Could you or maybe Pappy post a pic of these strikers? I would like take a look .
X2

pappy

here is a pic of an ivory and a corian striker, not the three for beagle, but he will be posting as soon as he figures out how, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Last Strut Calls

Quote from: pappy on May 12, 2011, 10:12:45 AM

here is a pic of an ivory and a corian striker, not the three for beagle, but he will be posting as soon as he figures out how, pappy

If you dont mind me asking pappy, how did you connect the corian and ivory without it breaking apart on the lathe?

3inchstrutbuster

were do you find elephant ivory that you can sell them that price ??

pappy

my strikers are dowelled, the ivory or corian or whatever the client needs is doweeled into the end of the striker, some guys may butt join their's but I find better strength when I dowell mine. I have a supply of ivory from when I was making other items before and have a pretty good supply. You know, I am not making a killing off of these strikers, all of my strikers work fine, and I believe that is what it is all about, making an item that works and the hunter can afford.
Yep, some of my calls may seem a little pricey, but those are calls that are backed up with kills and awards, but when it comes to a striker, well, what you have invested in it is mostly time....as blanks I use I cut from billets anyway.
tel...573-380-8206

pdqt

I am not up on strikers or pot calls. Will either the ivory or corain run in the rain?  Thanks

pappy

I have reports that they play in the rain, never actually did it myself, as I am a "fair" weather hunter, but all of my strikers and calls are guaranteed, so if they do not perform the way you want just send them back....100% refund except shipping
tel...573-380-8206