turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ceramic over corian

Started by savduck, May 10, 2011, 11:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I have an old Joe Vaughn crystal over corian in walnut pot that will flat put out with a hickory striker, walnut top. Striker is not heavy, but not light. Weight is more up top in the walnut cap. Knowing that  ceramic sounds a little higher pitch and clearer than crystal (to me anyway), wonder if it would be a good combo.

Any of you fellas tried that combo of ceramic over corian sound board? Bet that baby would be a screamer. Bet a heavier apitung or mascar ebony straight tip striker would go well with it too.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I don't build calls, but I am a huge fan of corian sound boards and pots. I would love to hear one as well.

Turkey Trot

Your profile states that you are in S. GA so I presume that you are talking about Joseph Vaughan of McRae.  Is that correct?

I understand that Vaughan is not making calls himself anymore.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

savduck

Quote from: Turkey Trot on May 11, 2011, 05:27:46 PM
Your profile states that you are in S. GA so I presume that you are talking about Joseph Vaughan of McRae.  Is that correct?

I understand that Vaughan is not making calls himself anymore.

Yes, I started collecting Joe's calls about 13 years ago, I bought one every year. At that time there was'nt a finer custom  pot out there to me. He slowed down making calls about 5 years ago for the shows. He  started up something again 2 years ago, but was a no show this year. I hear he will still make a custom for you, but isnt pumping them out like he used to. Hear he has had some personal issues to deal with the last few years.
Georgia Boy