LabsRUsII

I make mine from  eva

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

Southerngobbler

Im far from an expert but from the trumpets/wingbones Iv'e played it seems one of the main problems is inconsistencies with the many variable. Hand placement, lip placement, air pressure and so forth. For me the lip stop help alleviate one of the variables.

M Sharpe

Those washers are some of the cheapest ways to make a lip stop! Far be it from a guy that sends you a custom call with a washer for a lip stop!! If he thought anything of his call, he would not send you a call with a washer for a lipstop!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

EZ

Back in the day I used a 3/8" beveled washer as a lip stop a lot (I didn't know any better), and they worked great. Just not as astatically pleasing as a nice turned cork, rubber or EVA lip stop.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Southerngobbler on February 27, 2020, 08:59:42 PM
Im far from an expert but from the trumpets/wingbones Iv'e played it seems one of the main problems is inconsistencies with the many variable. Hand placement, lip placement, air pressure and so forth. For me the lip stop help alleviate one of the variables.

Thank you for the explanation. I always just butted it up against my tooth. Probably have all kinds of bad habits but I'm to old to change now. LOL.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

davisd9

Lip stops are to help seal the call.  It helps take the squeaks and squeals out of the calling when placed correctly for the caller. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer