OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple dead squirrels

Started by wvmntnhick, February 23, 2020, 04:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

With squirrel season coming to a close, I've been running the dogs but before he's gotta lay up until next fall. I didn't take a pile of pics this year because I just don't feel the need to these days. But, I did take a few pics to share with the gentleman I bought him from as a pup as well as the fella that has his litter mate brother. So, here goes.

Clearly the top pic is t a squirrel. Dog locked in on the coon earlier today. Shot it pretty quick because it weighs about as much as he does. Wasn't interested in seeing how it fared should they have tangled with one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harty

Nice mix of grays and foxes the way it looks.never hunted them with dogs. I'm sure it's fun

bobk

Got some fine table fare there. Enjoy.

bear hunter

mtns2hunt

Nice big pics. Cell phone camera?
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Sir-diealot

Some good eating right there. Love a squirrel stew.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mtns2hunt on February 23, 2020, 08:04:51 PM
Nice big pics. Cell phone camera?
Yes sir. Not certain the model. When I upload with the phone it gives me 3 options. I just use "original" and that's how they come out.

StruttinGobbler3

I used to love running a good squirrel dog. Unfortunately nobody I know nor myself has one any longer. A few years back I was blessed enough to be able to hunt quite often with a 2 time national champion mountain cur. She was unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

M,Yingling

nice always liked the fox little more meat ,,,good lookin dog
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

wvmntnhick

Quote from: M,Yingling on February 24, 2020, 07:57:37 AM
nice always liked the fox little more meat ,,,good lookin dog
I hate them. Harder to skin. Gotta boil them 3x longer to make them soft enough to eat. Bleh. Lol. But, the gentleman I was hunting with wanted to shoot and they're destroying the landowners stuff so, we let them have it.

hambone50

Nice hunt there! I do a good bit of squirrel hunting with dogs as well. it doubles as good turkey scouting! ;)

wvmntnhick

Quote from: hambone50 on February 24, 2020, 09:44:34 AM
Nice hunt there! I do a good bit of squirrel hunting with dogs as well. it doubles as good turkey scouting! ;)
Man there was a pile of sign at the place we hunted Sunday. Guy says he wants me to come back in the spring. Not sure if they'll b there but I'm hoping to find out.