The kid needed a hair cut ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 05, 2020, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: RiverRoost on March 05, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
What's the beard trimmer for

HA! I use the beard trimmer to vibrate the buffer into the shot. Most recommend a dental vibrator, but I can't imagine anything working better than this does. If you don't already have one, you can pick one up at Walmart for $10-$15 as opposed to spending $50-$60 on a dental vibrator.

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Spurs Up on March 05, 2020, 08:20:12 PM
Nice!  Those hand crimps look as good as any I've ever seen out of a drill press.

Appreciate it. It took a little bit to figure out how to do it consistently. Took me about 10 or so to start getting consistent with it when I started last year. I have found that it helps immensely to get the crimper tool on there, let it spin pretty fast for 5-6 seconds without applying any pressure (other than to get it seated on there good), and then slow down the drill speed and slowly apply the pressure. If you have to stop and go a few times to check to see if you have a good seal on the crimp, that's fine. Doesn't effect it at all.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 06, 2020, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 05, 2020, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: RiverRoost on March 05, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
What's the beard trimmer for

HA! I use the beard trimmer to vibrate the buffer into the shot. Most recommend a dental vibrator, but I can't imagine anything working better than this does. If you don't already have one, you can pick one up at Walmart for $10-$15 as opposed to spending $50-$60 on a dental vibrator.

I use a $12 G spot vibrator. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Snoodsniper

Anyone hand loading .410 TSS?? I have a Mec sizemaster already set up for 3" .410, seems like loading TSS wouldn't be much of a stretch.

mdunc43

Greg Massey

It , has cost me around 500 dollars , i think or maybe little more in getting my stock of Apex shells .. :TooFunny:

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 10, 2020, 02:18:46 PM
It , has cost me around 500 dollars , i think or maybe little more in getting my stock of Apex shells .. :TooFunny:
Is that a life time supply? You must kill a lot of birds.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Goblen

I'm loading Hal's 2 3/4 Federal 2oz #9. Using the clear plastic overshot disc. I've been applying a thin layer of clear nail polish for added moisture protection. Is this what most of y'all do? I prefer the plastic over the paper, for that reason. Lots of rainy spring days here usually.

Spurs Up

Quote from: Goblen on March 12, 2020, 06:34:48 PM
I'm loading Hal's 2 3/4 Federal 2oz #9. Using the clear plastic overshot disc. I've been applying a thin layer of clear nail polish for added moisture protection. Is this what most of y'all do? I prefer the plastic over the paper, for that reason. Lots of rainy spring days here usually.

Yes. Any color will work...

mtns2hunt

Been meaning to try Hal's 2/4 but currently using 3" and 1 5/8 which gives a very nice pattern in #9's and #4's. 2 oz seems like a lot of pellets to me. I have been cutting plastic over shot cards from plastic using a set of hollow punches from Harbor freight. Have not used nail polish but sounds like a good idea.

Lot of talk about vibrators: I just use the vibrating brass tumbler I use for loading bottle neck cases. Works extremely well.

Goblen

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 13, 2020, 06:06:36 PM

Been meaning to try Hal's 2/4 but currently using 3" and 1 5/8 which gives a very nice pattern in #9's and #4's. 2 oz seems like a lot of pellets to me. I have been cutting plastic over shot cards from plastic using a set of hollow punches from Harbor freight. Have not used nail polish but sounds like a good idea.

Lot of talk about vibrators: I just use the vibrating brass tumbler I use for loading bottle neck cases. Works extremely well.
There really inexpensive so I never considered making any.
Seem to be good quality too.
https://www.ballisticproducts.com/mobile/12ga-Clear-Overshot-Disk-500_bag/productinfo/COS12/

https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=TUW&i=GC

mtns2hunt

They are cheap but I wanted the punches for another project and then figured out how easy it is to just punch them out. Lot of folks on  here concerned about cost and this is just another way to save pennies. Amazing thing about loading TSS is that most of the equipment is easily made or relatively cheap to purchase. This may change as this Corona virus continues to spread and shut down commerce. TSS may get much more expensive in the near future.