turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which custom box?

Started by strum, February 05, 2020, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoot 000

There have been some fine box calls for sale on this site lately. Some of them are lower than retail, SS calls, Josh Farley, Spring Creek, middle Mountain, all of these are top shelf in my opinion :turkey2:

strum

Made my decision.  Going with a Fulkerson hen box.  Thanks guys for you help. Now we wait lol

Sir-diealot

Quote from: strum on February 06, 2020, 12:59:54 PM
Made my decision.  Going with a Fulkerson hen box.  Thanks guys for you help. Now we wait lol
Nice guy, you will not regret it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

243kid

Matt VanCise makes a handy box call.

Buckman18

I own a Halloran Ebony over Walnut and am very happy with it. My next box will be made by Anthony Ellis from Agetrumpets.com. I played his calls at Unicoi and they were glorious.

M Sharpe

I started out turkey hunting with a Roger Lathram Penn's Woods box. I've tried a bunch of boxes down through my 36 years of turkey hunting. And, this is just my personal opinion. But, to me Lynch style (Cost) boxes sound good in the house; but, I've carried both styles to the woods. To ME, the Turpin style sounds more turkey than the others! I've carried both to the woods at the same time and played both.  That is just my opinion. I'm sure others say different! And that's O.K.. All of us have different sounds that we like! Turpins, Turpin styles and wingbones go to the woods with me. You can't go wrong with a Turpin from Steve Turpin, Dan Harris, Richard Hudson, Russel Beard or Doug Morgan call. Mike Lapp, Matt Fulkerson and Ed Jenkins make some good ones as well
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

callmakerman

Love a nice Turpin box or long box for hunting.

shatcher

I need to add Josh Farley's purpleheart over cedar one sider to my list mentioned above.  Great little call.  Fine fellow too.

turkey stew

I would also add SSCustom to the hen box and turpin box list. I just picked up their snake wood over limba hen box that is outstanding!