OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ryan Newman

Started by strum, February 19, 2020, 03:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejhandler

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 19, 2020, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: Turkeyman on February 19, 2020, 05:12:46 PM
Watching that race I thought he was dead. Wreck appeared to be much worse than Dale Earnhardt years ago. I just hope that, after healing, he's either able to race again or regain all his faculties.

After a wreak like that, and being 42 / with kids.. I bet he just hangs it up and retires. Don't blame him.

I HOPE he hangs it up for those very reasons but some of those guys, it's in their blood.  Watched the race live, the post race atmosphere was very somber, I thought no way he was alive.  Absolutely shocked that he left the hospital this soon.

jrinny

I am in Daytona with my wife and daughter. We had scheduled an all access pass for a tour of the racetrack. We were able to see in person where it happened and how far he actually traveled skidding on his roof. The speculation here ( rumors?) was with the severe nature of that crash.... they really do a complete check of the head and internal organs because of the g-forces associated with that accident. Just what we heard while at the track yesterday. Great to see him in the condition he is in. And wearing that shirt as well