turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

plexiglass sound boards

Started by stone road turkey calls, May 09, 2011, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

I have been experimenting with plexiglass sound boards on some calls and have had some good results and some bad. but most have sounded great, has anyone used this on your calls? if so what do you think, this stuf is cheap and easy to cut, just use the correct size hole saw. works out to about 25 cents a peice. i have sent a extra call with the plexieglass to some of my custumers for there feedback getting some good responce. what do you think?

thanks
gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Roost Wrecker

never seen it done but it might sound like an acrylic sound board.

Last Strut Calls

Sounds like a good idea. I have also never seen it done but that doesnt mean it wouldnt work. The sky is the limit for pot calls!

cleanslate

Anybody ever try plexiglass for the playing surface? I had the thought to do this a couple of weeks ago, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last Strut Calls

Have never heard of that either. I think there is alot of surfaces out there that are not used that could make a good sounding turkey call.

MarkJM

Quote from: cleanslate on May 10, 2011, 03:46:03 PM
Anybody ever try plexiglass for the playing surface? I had the thought to do this a couple of weeks ago, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have, its to soft and doesnt sound good. The striker digs into it to much.
MuellerCustomCalls

lightsoutcalls

I use a thinner plexi for my copper calls.  I cut mine on the bandsaw.  I have used pre-cut colored acrylic on some glass calls with good results.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

cleanslate

Quote from: MarkJM on May 10, 2011, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: cleanslate on May 10, 2011, 03:46:03 PM

I have, its to soft and doesnt sound good. The striker digs into it to much.

Thanks, saves me making one only to cind out it don't work. How bout wood? wood on wood works for scratchboxes as well as box calls, anyone ever tried it for the top of a pot call? Just curious.

kenturkey89

Thanks, saves me making one only to cind out it don't work. How bout wood? wood on wood works for scratchboxes as well as box calls, anyone ever tried it for the top of a pot call? Just curious.
[/quote]

I have seen on another call making forum recently an individual just attempted to make a call with a wooden surface but didn't have much luck at all with it.
Brian

Roost Wrecker

Quote from: kenturkey89 on May 11, 2011, 09:06:33 PM

Could work but may not be a good rainy day call.