Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tru glo front sight keeps moving back from muzzle blast?

Started by Bobby5, January 12, 2020, 05:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5

I bought a used 835 and it came with the tru glo gobble dot sights where they clip on the rib of the barrel.  The front seems tight as can me be it takes alot of force to move it with my finger but it seems like after every shot the muzzle blast moves the front sight back.  Anybody else have this problem does it hurt anything ?

paboxcall

I don't see it moving rearward would change anything in your sight plane and POI vs. POA. I know the rib fiber optic sights often come with double-sided tape which you could apply under the front sight to better hold it in place.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Harty

I've had the rear portion of the true glo loosen on more then one occasion which does affect POI. Resulting in one miss and a few re -sight inS.Caused me to go with the std bead sight or scope depending on the gun.

davisd9

I would buy a clamp on style with screws.  Williams Fire Sights or TruGlo
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

paboxcall

Quote from: davisd9 on January 15, 2020, 11:25:34 AM
I would buy a clamp on style with screws.  Williams Fire Sights or TruGlo

That's a better solution, agree.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Bobby5

i just ordered some williams fire sights. these tru glo clamp on over the rib are trash i was shooting way high and to the right and had no way to adjust.  i couldnt decide between williams and the tru glo gobble dot.

Brwndg

Before buying new sights I'd try a Few drops of Loc-Tite on the rib.
Worth a shot and cheaper than new sights.

I shoot the TRUGLO Tru-Bead Turkey Universal Shotgun Sight on my gun. Very easy adjustment and rock solid on rib.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Turkeytrent

I super glued mine down and it still moved. Bought some William's fire sights and fixed that problem.