turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dave Owens Mouth Calls - KT Team

Started by Gobble!, February 09, 2020, 09:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Dave made a post on the Pinhoti FB page saying he's made some mouth calls in support of the KT Team and they will be for sale at the NWTF convention booth #2117. All money raised by these calls will go straight to the KT Team. They are a great group. If your'e not familiar with them you can read up on here. https://thektteam.org/about-company/

I won't be able to make the convention this year but would love to support the cause and get my hands on some of Dave's calls. If anyone is going to the convention Thursday and would be willing to pick up some calls for me I'd gladly reimburse them for their time and costs.

Big Jeremy

I'll be there Friday, and I am really hoping that there will still be a few left by the time I get there. If so, I'll pick up extras for you.

Gobble!

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 10, 2020, 11:49:40 AM
I'll be there Friday, and I am really hoping that there will still be a few left by the time I get there. If so, I'll pick up extras for you.

Thank you. Shot you a PM as well.

ejhandler

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 10, 2020, 11:49:40 AM

I'm in the same boat, co-worker and I were thinking of making the trip together until his wife went into labor yesterday morning.  If you or anyone else has a chance to snag a couple extras, I'd also like to help support the cause and try Dave's call.  I'll gladly pay the cost plus shipping. 

aclawrence

I'm planning to grab a few unless there $40. I've only got so much cash. I can't make any guarantees but I'll see what I can do.  I'm curious if he'll have anything besides a ghost cut available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Looks like Dave has been busy building mouth calls. Just saw a pic on Instagram of the KT booth and I counted seven different kinds of mouth calls on display.

ejhandler

Quote from: aclawrence on February 13, 2020, 10:07:53 AM
Looks like Dave has been busy building mouth calls. Just saw a pic on Instagram of the KT booth and I counted seven different kinds of mouth calls on display.

Are all those his?  I saw that picture as well, but I thought KT Team was previously teamed up with a different call maker.  I know Dave prefers a ghost cut so I just assumed the calls he is selling would just be ghost cuts.

kytrkyhntr

Went by the booth today, from what I gathered only one call was made by Dave and it was a ghost cut.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

msm210

Only a ghost cut, limited to 2 calls per person.  Talked to Dave and he is a very nice and grateful person.  Would love to hunt a day or two with him!

aclawrence

Well I'm even more impressed with Dave  Owens making the turkey sounds he does.  I don't sound worth a poop on his ghost cut call lol, but I usually don't like ghost cuts. I know different calls work differently for everyone. Hope y'all have better luck with it than I did!  Still happy to support the KT team.

Mossberg90MN

I too wanted a call from Dave. But I'm a batwing guy, so when I saw he was using a ghost cut, I thought oh well.

fountain2

ejhandler

Quote from: aclawrence on February 14, 2020, 02:15:07 PM
Well I'm even more impressed with Dave  Owens making the turkey sounds he does.  I don't sound worth a poop on his ghost cut call lol, but I usually don't like ghost cuts. I know different calls work differently for everyone. Hope y'all have better luck with it than I did!  Still happy to support the KT team.

If you have an extra one of those poop sounding ghost cuts, I'll take it off your hands! I used to strictly like a combo cut myself but ghost cuts been growing on me recently.