Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mounting EOTech on Shotgun--Good or Bad? How to?

Started by gatrapper, February 12, 2011, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I have an EOTech 551.  I was thinking about mounting it on my Beretta.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=7&cat=1

Would it be a good sight to put on a shotgun?  Could it handle the recoil fine?  If so, how do I go about mounting it to my shotgun?

Thanks,
GaT
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

sugarray

Trapper, this is a GREAT sight.  It will give you many years of great service.  This is absolutely my favorite reticle as well.  Just need to get that thing drilled and tapped as that site will fit a Weaver or Picatinny rail.  If you don't want it, send it to me and I'll put it to good use. 

:icon_thumright:

bowhunter32

have a bushnell holosight on mossy 935..love it...mounted on saddle mount :z-guntootsmiley: :smiley-char092:

louman

In my opinion the aimpoint micro. Smallest profile, rugged and simple to use. It is parallex free which means you dont have to anchor the gun the same way or even center the dot. The only thing to consider is the hight of the sight in relation to the bore for the up close shots. Mount it as far forward as possible on the receiver and keep both eyes open. You will probably need to drill and tap the reciever for a picatinny or weaver rail as mentioned previously.

Lou.

devin4484

Quote from: bowhunter32 on February 12, 2011, 07:58:56 PM
have a bushnell holosight on mossy 935..love it...

my stepdad has this mounted on his 835 and keeps telling me i need to get one.

hankpot

They are absolutly awsome in my opinion. I have one on my 870 and it has held up to countless 3 1/2's. I will say that you might want to get one of those neoprene comb raising kits (bear creek?), because it sits up kind of high. Before I had the comb raising thing I just kind of had to hover above the stock, and it had a tendancy to try and nock my molars out when I couldnt get a solid cheek weld.

Boomstick

when i wore boots and they were in the sand, i carried a mossberg 500 with that exact sight on it, it was excellent, great fov and easy to follow. It will also take a lickin and keep on tickin. i shot that 500 everyday for a year, and even with it getting banged around in afghanistan it never came out of zero.

charlie
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

hookedspur

Quote from: Boomstick on February 16, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
when i wore boots and they were in the sand, i carried a mossberg 500 with that exact sight on it, it was excellent, great fov and easy to follow. It will also take a lickin and keep on tickin. i shot that 500 everyday for a year, and even with it getting banged around in afghanistan it never came out of zero.

charlie
Thanks Boomstick !
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Quote from: gatrapper on February 12, 2011, 04:26:31 PM
Hey Y'all,

I have an EOTech 551.  I was thinking about mounting it on my Beretta.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=7&cat=1

Would it be a good sight to put on a shotgun?  Could it handle the recoil fine?  If so, how do I go about mounting it to my shotgun?

Thanks,
GaT

I have one on my Benelli M2 (552) and SBE (XPS2-0). Excellent sights. Handle recoil and all abuse. Actually waterproof  submersible 10 feet/submersible to 33 ft depth depending on models, rather than water resistant like some other sights. I used a weaver 93a base, and a dremel to put another slot in the base for the 552 sight. For the XPS2-0 I just used the slot already in the base.

God Bless,
David B.