OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone having success with the ceramic surface in the woods?

Started by scoot12, May 09, 2011, 11:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Is anyone having success using a ceramic call this spring?  Have not heard to much about the surface lately.  Scoot

savduck

Had one fired up this Saturday on public land. He came charging in to about 75 yards 3 times and would retreat. Only call he would gobble at. Didnt get him.
Georgia Boy

swampgobbler

i love this surface, but sadly have not been able to keep one long enough to take to the woods.  i don't see why it wouldn't bring em into gun range though.

Bonjour

Yep. Called one in a couple weekends ago with one I made this year. They really like it. African Blackwood with ceramic over glass.

BowBendr

I've got a maple burl pot with a ceramic surface that Ryan Bonjour made for me and it really sounds good out in the woods.

What birds I have got on this year have really ate it up and it can play soft or loud...clear or raspy.......
His zebrawood striker really sets it off too.

One thing I have noticed about the ceramic in paticular is that it sounds completely different when your outside and hunting with it, you can't judge it by what it sounds like sitting in the house just playing it.

Beautiful and deadly caller for sure.......I love mine.  :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

JThomas

Yes , Yellowheart ceramic over glass.. Ceramic and glass from Stumpy.........
Saturday morming 10:30...Bin Gobblin