turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strumpet Style call made by Mike Richard

Started by Sir-diealot, February 10, 2020, 06:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Picked this call up from Neal, when I ordered in looking at the picture I thought it was a trumpet, but when I got it in I realized it was a hybrid trumpet and tube call.

I always like a good surprise and I think this one has been a good one, I have been having a very hard time getting the latex onto my tube call because of my hands and was thinking of getting one that has the pop on latex but now that I have this I think I am going to give this one a shot this year. It is still not easy for me but it is much easier than the other one when it comes to getting the latex on, the big problem for me with this one being that it is tall and is prone to tip when I am getting the latex on it. Again, not the calls fault, my hands fault.

Having fun playing with it, trying to find the perfect thickness latex and the proper way to put the latex on without making it to tight or to loose.

Anyway here is me trying to play it. Oh the picture shows it with yellow latex and now I am using black.

https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/strumpet-practice

Let me know how I sound.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nitro

The only true "Strumpet" calls were made by Craig " Cornbread" Corbett. Anything else is an imitation. In fact, Cornbread has the "Strumpet " trademarked. Just point of fact.
Royal Slam 2008

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nitro on February 10, 2020, 08:16:42 PM
The only true "Strumpet" calls were made by Craig " Cornbread" Corbett. Anything else is an imitation. In fact, Cornbread has the "Strumpet " trademarked. Just point of fact.
I do understand this, but I found no other name for them than strumpet so that is what I had o use to describe it. I did try to find any info on him but could not find much of anything at all. I do thank you for letting me know though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

KentuckyHeadhunter

Cornbread's calls were far more high class.  This is a one-off copy made to replicate the strumpet. Doesn't come close in craftsmanship. The story is on Facebook. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 11, 2020, 09:51:25 PM
Cornbread's calls were far more high class.  This is a one-off copy made to replicate the strumpet. Doesn't come close in craftsmanship. The story is on Facebook.
I will try to find in on Facebook, I did do a google search before I posted this and came up with little.

John Koenig:

randywallace

Quote from: nitro on February 10, 2020, 08:16:42 PM

And patented.

mspaci

looks like that patend is about to run out in the next year

Sir-diealot

Still waiting for somebody to tell me how I sound with it, maybe lend me some pointers? I did change the title on both my facebook page and here to Strumpet "Style" since I found out about this.

John Koenig:

mspaci

its a tuba call, the first 100 hrs are a pain, lol, Mike