OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Take apart trumpet or Jordan yelper

Started by afhunter1, February 07, 2020, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afhunter1

I think I saw marlin makes a 3-piece take down yelper.  Is there anyone else that makes something like that, either a take down or collapsible.  I was thinking something that could be in your shirt pocket while your bow hunting and if ya see a flock you can assemble it. 

Thanks for your help.

davisd9

Lewis Stowe makes a pocket call trumpet that the mouthpiece pulls out and goes into the barrel. It is shorter than a standard trumpet.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

afhunter1

I just saw a video of him running one of those.  It's almost what I'm looking for.   I was kinda hoping for something a little smaller and sleeker.   Like a cane yelper that screws together and goes inside itself. 

Thanks for the tip though.  I'll keep that in mind.

chefrific

I want to say Ralph Permar has made something similar. I think he makes or at least in the past has made one called the "Roanoke River Basin" call in which the mouthpiece could slide inside the barrel and then had a cap to put on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: chefrific on February 07, 2020, 10:26:04 PM
I want to say Ralph Permar has made something similar. I think he makes or at least in the past has made one called the "Roanoke River Basin" call in which the mouthpiece could slide inside the barrel and then had a cap to put on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He also makes a collapsible.

afhunter1

Thanks, I'll check him out.  I have a 45 of his but not that familiar with his other calls.

KYTURKEY

Tony Quarino makes a take apart trumpet as well. Very reasonably priced.

greentag

Lewis Stowe makes a killer take down trumpet,he calls a pocket call.....the mouthpiece comes Out and fits tightly in the barrel ..makes it a little over five inches I think,..they sound good too

afhunter1

I tried to contact mr Stowe and mr Quarino by messenger.  See what they got and how much it costs.   Anxious to hear back from them. 

Thanks for the help so far from everyone.   

Paladin85

I'll second the recommendation for the Lewis Stowe pocket call. They store easily in a pocket, sound great, and are beautiful calls.

nitro

Most have never seen an Alan Sentell convertible, but for my money, its the best call of it's type out there. Three piece yelper, threaded and wicked.
Royal Slam 2008

boatpaddle

Quote from: nitro on February 08, 2020, 09:36:46 PM
Most have never seen an Alan Sentell convertible, but for my money, its the best call of it's type out there. Three piece yelper, threaded and wicked.

x2
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

afhunter1

Quote from: nitro on February 08, 2020, 09:36:46 PM

That one would need to be found second hand correct? 

nitro

Yes. If you can find one someone will sell you.
Royal Slam 2008

afhunter1

I have to give a huge shout out to Mr. Stowe:

I contacted him and was talking about his pocket caller the other day and decided to order one from him.  After we got off the phone I guess he read this thread and realized that it was me he was talking to and he decided to change his normal call to make one more the way I wanted.  He basically took his normal pocket caller and streamlined it some more.  I can't wait to get my hands on it because it is exactly what I wanted.  Nice to have a call-maker who will change their design just to make one customer absolutely happy. 

Thanks Lewis!