OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW TURKEY GUN OPINIONS

Started by VA Turkeyfish, February 01, 2020, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longislandloco

I checked out the new Savage on their web site, $1600, doesn't impress me other than US made. I'd wait for a few to get into the hands of folk's before I look at spending money on one, has promise but....

For $1000 you can score a V3, SX4 or a Franchi Affinity, all safe bets.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

blackdog

Winchester all the way!!  The cantilever is the best system for mounting a fast fire and keeping confidence that it's on!  One less thing to worry about in the moment of truth.

blackdog

etapia

I switched from an 870 to a Winchester SX4 and have been extremely happy so far. Patterns great with tons of different loads. I too overthought the camo and looking back I kind of laugh at myself for doing so.

howl

No way would I do a 12ga. 20ga max if stuck with factory ammo. Mossberg 505AF is pretty light for a 20ga. Stevens 555 in 28ga if willing to buy boutique loads or roll my own. Spend the rest of the budget on turkey choke and Leupold Deltapoint.

I currently have a 20ga O/U set up and a .410 single barrel. If I do another turkey gun it will be one of the above.