OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What size sound board do you like under a 3.5 surface pot call?

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, May 08, 2011, 10:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

I am toying with sound boards in some pots just kinda curious do you use 3.25 or 3in under a 3.5 surface  got one that sounds pretty good but just wondering what combos might be suggested!

Thanks
Lyle

merocustomcalls

I only use a 3" soundboard under a 3.5" surface, but that's just me.

kenturkey89

Typically you use a soundboard that's 1/2" smaller than your playing surface because this gives you enough room from the edge of the inside of your pot to the edge of the soundboard and it also gives you a big enough shelf for your surface to sit on.  If you used a 3.5" surface with a 3.25" soundboard, that would give you a 1/16" shelf for your surface to rest on, and a 1/16" gap between the edge of your soundboard and the edge of the inside of your pot...I've never tried a combination like this but who knows it might work, but I like a minimum of a 1/8" shelf and I also like a distance of 1/8" from the edge of my soundboard to the inner wall of my pots.  Good luck with your calls!
Brian

Houndstooth Game Calls

Thanks fellas I wanted to ask the question cause the sound board we are using is a fudge larger than three with a decent roll over but I think if I go with a regular 3in it will pop in the roll over if not gonna mess with the height of pedestal! Thanks guys!

handcannon

Roost Wrecker