turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Claw slings Pros/Cons?

Started by randy6471, January 27, 2020, 07:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy6471

Anyone have any pros or cons for Claw Slings? I'll be using it on an 835...if that matters.

dirt road ninja

Got one. Checks all the boxes for a sling.

eddie234

I love mine. Really no cons,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Pine

I've tried a ton of slings and the claw sling is my favorite. I also tote an 835 all over the place with it

SteelerFan

I have the contour (x2)  and slimline. Love them. Best I've ever had for gripping the shoulder / easy adjust / etc.

paboxcall

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 27, 2020, 07:41:43 PM
Got one. Checks all the boxes for a sling.

Agree, and all my slings are being upgraded to the Claw this year.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

turkey_picker

WV Ridge Reaper

You will throw the claw slings away if you try one..Just my opinion

http://sloganoutdoors.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heldo

I have one on my deer rifle and my 870 turkey gun. If you do much walking or hiking they're pretty great, IMO. They really lock in on your pack straps and making hiking the hills a lot more comfortable.

mtns2hunt

So far only one negative about the claw on this post LOL. I really like mine for my shotguns and rifles. I have not found my claw really helpful as a shooting aid and for that I use a leather military sling. I do a lot of off hand shooting.

But for a tough sling the claw is first class. Once shot a nice deer and did not want to leave it unattended so wrapped my claw around his horns and pulled him about 300 yards to the truck. Still using that sling today did not hurt it one iota.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Prohunter3509

dirt road ninja

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 27, 2020, 09:49:59 PM
You will throw the claw slings away if you try one..Just my opinion

http://sloganoutdoors.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to order one of these.

CALLM2U

I only recently bought a Claw sling.  All I can say is that I wish I had bought one years ago.  I plan to swap it out with every gun I take to the woods. I can't see me using any other sling at this point. 

SOCOM304

I started using a claw on my turkey guns, and now use them on my deer rifles as well. They hold on and will not slide off.

mullet dredge

Bought one last spring, where have these things been all my life! Own half a dozen now....