OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eotech 518

Started by Spitten and drummen, January 28, 2020, 09:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I broke down and ordered a Eotech 518 to put on my 20 gauge Benelli. Expensive purchase but I have been thinking about it for a year. For you guys that have one , how do you like it. I have a simmons pro diamond scope on my sx3 and I had a FF3 on the benelli awhile. FF3 was ok. Hope I like this better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

chefrific

I have the now discontinued Bushnell Halo Sight on my new 20.  Which is an eotech without the shroud. Then from what I understand, Eotech did not renew contract with bushnell. Darn shame. Halo sight was 100 bucks cheaper than the shrouded eotech variants.
I personally love the sight system. Rock solid and lots of adjustment and brightness settings. Throw a couple of lithium AA's and it will last forever.
I've used this sight on multiple platforms but have yet to take it in the turkey woods.
Just wanted a sight that I could zero those tight TSS patterns up close and still keep my peripheral vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Thanks for the feedback. The main reason I got it is because of the tss handloads.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: chefrific on January 28, 2020, 09:28:43 PM
I have the now discontinued Bushnell Halo Sight on my new 20.  Which is an eotech without the shroud. Then from what I understand, Eotech did not renew contract with bushnell. Darn shame. Halo sight was 100 bucks cheaper than the shrouded eotech variants.
I personally love the sight system. Rock solid and lots of adjustment and brightness settings. Throw a couple of lithium AA's and it will last forever.
I've used this sight on multiple platforms but have yet to take it in the turkey woods.
Just wanted a sight that I could zero those tight TSS patterns up close and still keep my peripheral vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a fine looking set up. The sight looks great on that gun in my opinion. Having me Benelli barrel cut to 20" and then its off to ironhorse for a mossy oak greenleaf dip. My sx3 will hold me over until I get the benelli back.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Bowguy

I've got a 512 I think it is. I have some eye issues and it's def helped. Nowadays many guns need sights too and I like the sight. No problems and I think I've had it 3 years now. The ff3 lasted 12 hours on my gun before I returned it.
The only real issue I have w mine in the size. Wish it was slightly smaller. Holosun makes one a little cheaper and slightly smaller.

rakkin6

Used the EO TECH a lot when I was in the Army. Granted it was only on a 5.56 platform which doesn't have a lot of recoil. But we were pretty rough on them during training out in the field and they always kept their zero and like another comment on here they have pretty efficient battery life. Just make sure you buy lithium batteries.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: rakkin6 on January 29, 2020, 06:01:31 AM
Used the EO TECH a lot when I was in the Army. Granted it was only on a 5.56 platform which doesn't have a lot of recoil. But we were pretty rough on them during training out in the field and they always kept their zero and like another comment on here they have pretty efficient battery life. Just make sure you buy lithium batteries.

Appreciate the feedback. Man I wish they had those when I served. M16 A2 with iron sights.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

rakkin6

Yeah they were nice I forgot I carried it on a SCAR heavy which is a 7.62 also over in Syria before I retired this past November.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

turkey_picker

I have two of the 512 eotechs, my main turkey gun and back up gun. They do sit up higher, but I put a Beartooth comb  riser on each gun and all is good now. I like the circle dot.  :anim_25: