News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoy suggestions

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, January 27, 2020, 12:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 31, 2020, 11:58:35 AM
Wait till you see DSD's new decoy , it hasn't been made public yet, but take it from me its amazing

Shannon
Sorry I thought you said dads. Do you know when they are releasing them? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

sixbird

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on January 28, 2020, 11:39:10 PM
Quote from: sixbird on January 28, 2020, 11:35:32 PM
I use DSD but I'm not convinced any expensive decoy is necessary. I've hunted with the old foamies and have had great success with them. A buddy has one that's sold by Flextone that's realistic. You can get them cheap offseason. Only reason I got DSD is I had Cabelas points on my card so it was essentially free. Whatever you do decide, I'd definitely get a hen since gobbler/jakes can, at times scare gobblers off. If they've been roughed up by a gang of jakes, they're likely to shy away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I typically use a hen (feeder or mating) and a jake but wonder if the new full strut jake would pull Tom's better than the 1/4 strut jake. I have 2-3 groups of usually 30 hens and around 8-10 longbeards that is hard to draw the longbeards away from the group

Well, there's a situation where  full strut could work. With that many longbeards, likelihood is, they're not getting beat up by jakes. I'd give it a shot.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: sixbird on January 31, 2020, 06:32:48 PM
Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on January 28, 2020, 11:39:10 PM
Quote from: sixbird on January 28, 2020, 11:35:32 PM
I use DSD but I'm not convinced any expensive decoy is necessary. I've hunted with the old foamies and have had great success with them. A buddy has one that's sold by Flextone that's realistic. You can get them cheap offseason. Only reason I got DSD is I had Cabelas points on my card so it was essentially free. Whatever you do decide, I'd definitely get a hen since gobbler/jakes can, at times scare gobblers off. If they've been roughed up by a gang of jakes, they're likely to shy away.

I typically use a hen (feeder or mating) and a jake but wonder if the new full strut jake would pull Tom's better than the 1/4 strut jake. I have 2-3 groups of usually 30 hens and around 8-10 longbeards that is hard to draw the longbeards away from the group

Well, there's a situation where  full strut could work. With that many longbeards, likelihood is, they're not getting beat up by jakes. I'd give it a shot.

Yeah I'll invest in a full strutter. Might work. Usually when I can get one in the woods he is usually by himself or I try to set up between them best I can if I am able to tuck one in the afternoon before

MK M GOBL

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on January 31, 2020, 06:35:40 PM

Yeah I'll invest in a full strutter. Might work. Usually when I can get one in the woods he is usually by himself or I try to set up between them best I can if I am able to tuck one in the afternoon before

If you go Strutter take a look at what I have done with mine, I designed/developed a "White Headed" Strutter 20 years ago and he is a killer!! I bought the Jake Strutter last year and "Gobblerized" him, full fan and long beard. Bought him for size/weight/mobility and he has been working out great! I paint the head myself because I have a specific "pattern" I want on it. "He's Dead using the White Head"

Here's a pic of " lil' PUFFY " & a up close head shot.

MK M GOBL

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 31, 2020, 07:01:01 PM
Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on January 31, 2020, 06:35:40 PM

If you go Strutter take a look at what I have done with mine, I designed/developed a "White Headed" Strutter 20 years ago and he is a killer!! I bought the Jake Strutter last year and "Gobblerized" him, full fan and long beard. Bought him for size/weight/mobility and he has been working out great! I paint the head myself because I have a specific "pattern" I want on it.

Here's a pic of " lil' PUFFY " & a up close head shot.

MK M GOBL
Nice! Need to show me how to do that! Lol

MK M GOBL