OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is your favorite turkey hunting video? and favorite pro

Started by hotspur, January 24, 2020, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

I just stumbled across a new channel on YouTube called "TheNaturalCalling". I don't know anything about the guy but I have watched two videos and they're great. Search for "intense turkey hunt. How to killed a henned up gobbler."  It has some great video of a gobbler spitting and drumming up close. You can actually hear it pretty well.  It's on public land also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loyalist84

Probably the latest episode on turkeys that Meateater put out. Very plainly shows the ups and downs of turkey hunting, is honest in the mistakes made in filming, and focuses on diligent preparation, the emotional connection to the sport, and the post-hunt meal creation as much as the actual hunting itself.

RalphWTO

Tough to beat the original Primos videos. YouTube has a ton of awesome stuff to watch these days also from just random guys like us.  You can get lost for hours on there.

Mentioned in my last post that me and my buddies (Wild Texas Outdoors) film ourselves and outfitters around Texas and a few random places, all in 4K and stuff. Started off as a hobby that has turned into some awesome opportunity and partnerships with some amazing companies.

Fired up to use my new calls from Lonnie Sneed on film this year.

This was a little video we filmed last season, and have plenty more coming. Not quite the Primos guys yet but maybe one day!!

@wildtexasoutdoors

https://youtu.be/MJ0mdXj0doE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idgobble

FullChoke

Dave Owens and the Pinhoti Project. Those videos focus on real tactics and genuine woodsmanship. After watching the videos, I may have to learn how to belly crawl on a bird this year.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hughesjr60

I used to love the HS strut cuttin n struttin videos. I think I have most of them. But my favorites without a doubt are Dave Owens/Pinhoti Project, Hunting Public, and Catman Outdoors. 

GobbleNut

All of the three above, but can't mention them without adding Shane's video's  (Calling All Turkeys) to the mix.  ...Not to mention that he is a regular contributor to OG (simpzenith).

idratherb

Dave Owens, not sure there is a close second in my opinion

catdaddy

Shane Simpson's "Calling All Turkeys"  In my opinion the best!

randy6471

I don't watch too many anymore, but in the early days of hunting videos, I always enjoyed Paul Butski, Walter Parrott and Chris Parish.

bigriverbum

Quote from: Loyalist84 on February 03, 2020, 09:58:06 PM
Probably the latest episode on turkeys that Meateater put out. Very plainly shows the ups and downs of turkey hunting, is honest in the mistakes made in filming, and focuses on diligent preparation, the emotional connection to the sport, and the post-hunt meal creation as much as the actual hunting itself.

is that the one where he took that woman out for her first hunt and he screwed it up?  i was yelling at my tv lol

i really like the meateater series. made for a more broad appeal than hardcore hunters, but he is a good writer and the episodes have a narrative quality to them i like

i don't watch much other than "amateurs" on youtube. i enjoy "the hunting public" guys, and matt dale's youtube page. i don't particularly love to watch things being killed. i refuse to watch duck hunting videos anymore no matter the source simply because of what the "industry" did to duck hunting culture.