turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Crispi Hunting boots.

Started by kytrkyhntr, December 03, 2019, 07:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Bought my first pair of crispi hunting boots. They are at the house now and I will be trying them on after work. I'm super excited. I am a huge fan of the Pinhoti project and Cove has always spoke highly of these boots. I normally wore rubber boots but in the last 2 years I've wore cabelas brand hikers to make sure I would like a lace up hiking style. The boots were super expensive but had a little Black Friday deal and I decided to make my purchase. Can't wait to give these a try. I got the Valdres plus GTX. Anyone else had experience with them?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

BBR12

I bought and wore the  Nevada's this past season and loved them. I did have to replace the insoles to something a little thicker. The Nevada's are all I could find in my size this past spring and I have bad ankles so went with them for the extra support.  I loved them and just ordered a pair of the Valdres a couple nights ago ready to get them in and try them.

POk3s

I hope you have better luck than me. I was very excited as well but returned them to scheels after a few months use. They were very comfortable but the first real wet day of hunting I needed them for, they leaked like crazy. Ended up fighting them for a week trying to dry them out only to get soaked again.

kytrkyhntr

First impression around the house and yard. Super comfortable. I will treat them for waterproof to try and help that. Fall turkey season (shotgun) opens in Kentucky on Saturday so I guess I will try to put a couple miles on them. Not really planning on harvesting a bird but hey you never know.

Turkeyman

Well, maybe it's just me but the first thing a hunting boot has to be is waterproof. If I have to cross creeks or wade thru several inches of water I want dry feet. Soooo...if I can't put the boot on and stand in water for an extended period of time it's a POS, IMO. I've never encountered a leather "waterproof" boot that meets that criteria. There's a big difference between water resistant, highly water resistant and WATERPROOF.

kytrkyhntr

I agree Turkeyman, i am confident in gore tex and the boots. I will be testing them. This weekend and following up with a review. In the last 2 years my hunting properties have shifted to less private cow farms and fields and more towards hills and hollers. I have wore a pair of lacrosse rubbers for ever. I just don't think they're comfortable enough on those 10+ mile days. (Hopefully I don't have to do that every time but you know what I mean). Like I said I'll test em out in the creeks this weekend and update

Turkz39

I have been using crispi boots for the past several years,  I have used them as every day use , deer hunting and Turkey hunting hiking ,  crossing creeks wet grass,  snow you name it ,  and I have never had any issues with wet feet unless the water was above my boot.  Then at that point it was my fault my feet got wet not the boots fault.   I know you can get bad products out of anything you buy, but I can  honestly say   I have. never had any issues with crispi boots leaking or anything else. They get a A+ from me.

Fullfan

Love my Crispis, I have the Idaho's nicest boots I have ever owned.. On the high price but well worth it..
Don't gobble at me...

longbeards

Turkeyman,
I own leather that is waterproof and Gore-Tex....Two pair of Kenetreck Mountain Hunters and a pair of Meindl UT... my personal need is light weight and super ankle support!

Call Them In Close and Shoot Them In the Face!! 

Turkeyman

longbeards...I agree. If your leather boots are Gore tex lined that can make them waterproof. But you even have to be careful there. I had a pair of Gore tex lined hiking boots that apparently weren't seamed properly and got wet feet anyhow.

Rick

Not to side track your post , but what are your favorite snake boots . one place i hunt has a lot of rattlers .
Saved By Grace

kytrkyhntr

As far as snake boots go, everyone I know who wears snake boots wears those Irish setters that came out in the last year or so. They won't wear a different boot

Sixes

Quote from: Rick on December 11, 2019, 02:08:30 PM
Not to side track your post , but what are your favorite snake boots . one place i hunt has a lot of rattlers .

Danner Pronghorns

Bottomland

Russell snake boots without a doubt.

I wear Russell snake lace ups and kenetrek boots

Candyman

:jesus-cross:
Quote from: Sixes on December 11, 2019, 04:27:30 PM
Quote from: Rick on December 11, 2019, 02:08:30 PM

Danner Pronghorns

This^^^