OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Age and time

Started by Rick, January 21, 2020, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Whats the average age on O.G. and how many years have you been hunting ?

Im 62 and been turkey hunting 42 yrs.
Saved By Grace

GobbleNut

68....started spring gobbler hunting in NM the year they opened the season, which by my feeble memory was 1965.  Doing my guzintas, I think that translates to 55 years this spring.

I do recall, however, that in a couple of the very early years, they cancelled all or part of the turkey season due to fire danger on the national forest where we hunted.  Hence, it may be that there was a year or two I may not have hunted.  Fortunately, that was back when the spring gobbler bug had not fully set in and I did not go into the withdrawals I would if they were to do that nowadays... 

fmf

turkey hunting 33 years

Turkeyman

Bunch of youngsters LOL. Will have turned 75 by season's openers. Got a late start so only been at it for 44 years.

Spitten and drummen

Just turned 50. Been hunting turkey's for 40 years. Called my first bird in using a piece of cane at the age of 13. I had cut a piece of cane and hollowed it out and it was in my pocket all the time. My first 2 calls were a flat piece of roofing slate that I cupped against my body and I used a homemade corncob striker with the tip burned. My other was a pill bottle with a condom stretched over it. Got my very first production call when I turned 14. It was a pennswood single sided box. Sounded terrible lol. When I got my lynch foolproof for my 15th birthday , I was estatic. I hunted with a mossberg 20 gauge modified choke shooting #4's. My gosh how far turkey hunting has come. I now have over 400 calls , 3 dedicated turkey shotguns , handload my own TSS , have a 4 wheel drive , a polaris Ranger and more camo and boots any one man should own lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

PEPPERHEAD

51. Been chasing the three toed turkey birds for about 30 years

Rick

Quote from: Turkeyman on January 21, 2020, 03:11:16 PM
Bunch of youngsters LOL. Will have turned 75 by season's openers. Got a late start so only been at it for 44 years.

Proud for you and pray you have many more .
Saved By Grace

Tom Threetoes

I'll turn 73 during this season and this will be my 31st year. I wish I'd started sooner because the hills are starting to get steeper and the turkeys are getting harder to find on flat ground.

dirt road ninja

turkeymanjim

59, hunting turkeys 47 years. Fortunate to hunt 8 different states, Hopefully going to hunt them in Hawaii next year god permitting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SS Calls

57 been after 'em for 31 yrs. :turkey2:

bobk

64 years old. This will be season number 53 coming up this spring.

MSboy88

Im 31 ;D and as for how long I've been after them its hard to say... I remember dad making me skip class in first grade to go hunt though lol

J.D. Shellnut

43. Been hunting about 20 years.
60% of the time it works every time!

Terry

39 and 25

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk