OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New Member from Illinois. Just took my first Turkey and now I am addicted!

Started by Divenut2, May 08, 2011, 01:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divenut2

Hey Folks,

After hunting deer, pheasants and small game for 35 years, I finally went turkey hunting for the first time this past Thursday (5/5/11) and Ma Nature was looking down on me. Pulled a permit to hunt some public land for the last week of the season here in IL. Took 5 hours of on/off calling, and lots of walking, but the result was a beautiful Tom. He weighed in at 20lbs on the nose before dressing. Safe to say I am now addicted to Turkey hunting!!! Can't wait until the fall season.

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Hognutz

Congrats on the gobbler. You are hooked. Get help while you can. There is still hope for you. I gave in to my desires, and am hopelessly addicted to a sport that demands more of my cash than I care to admit. Seek a professional and opt for the ten step approach to quitting. Your family is depending on you..Time is of the essence..No need to thank me. It's what I do.. My name is MIke, and I am an addict.. :you_rock:
:welcomeOG: :hello99: :turkey2: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Divenut2

Quote from: Hognutz on May 08, 2011, 11:22:50 AM
Congrats on the gobbler. You are hooked. Get help while you can. There is still hope for you. I gave in to my desires, and am hopelessly addicted to a sport that demands more of my cash than I care to admit. Seek a professional and opt for the ten step approach to quitting. Your family is depending on you..Time is of the essence..No need to thank me. It's what I do.. My name is MIke, and I am an addict.. :you_rock:
:welcomeOG: :hello99: :turkey2: :newmascot:

LOL! Thanks for the support Mike. I hear admitting one has an addiction is the first step to recovery.  :laugh: 

Enjoy what's left of the weekend,

Pat
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

harvester

cannonball

Divenut2

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I look forward to being an active member of this great forum.

drenalinld

Basser69

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

JVA54

turkey slayer

randlet

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

vaturkey

Vaturkey