turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Only 1 striker

Started by ArkyRidgeRunna, January 11, 2020, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

For me Lyman snakewood or Brad Roberts one piece Rutland dymondwood.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Turkeytider

Quote from: davisd9 on January 11, 2020, 01:40:47 PM
Would have to think hard but it would be a Fowler!

Yep, Fowler two piece Osage over snakewood.

mtns2hunt

My go to is a black locust.  Have two or three that sound good and play well on all surfaces I have. Could not say who manufactured them. Is there that much difference between each manufacturer. Seems some swear by certain individuals. How so they are all turned on a lathe the same way.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

KeyDett

It would be tough to carry only one but if I had too it would be one by  JLH.  Most likely Black and White Ebony or Permabuco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

The one that the birds like that day.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Chad

Of the woods that I have, id pick JLH heavy hickory. It plays plenty good to hunt on my aluminum, copper, crystal, glass, and grey slate calls. Next would be a tie with Brazilian ebony and pink ivory

SteelerFan

I love these "one striker" posts... because you get 57+ different answers. Lol

Lyman hickory is probably my go-to. Torman black locust always rides. JLH heavy hickory gets a slot, too.

ArkyRidgeRunna

Quote from: SteelerFan on January 12, 2020, 10:52:21 PM
I love these "one striker" posts... because you get 57+ different answers. Lol

Lyman hickory is probably my go-to. Torman black locust always rides. JLH heavy hickory gets a slot, too.

Haha yeah I mainly did it to see if there was some overlap to see what I need to buy next..
looks like JLH heavy hickory just may be it

Cool Ridge Clucker

My Applewood striker runs the best for me across everything I have...whether glass, slate or aluminum.

perrytrails

Really like a Stuckey Macassar Ebony on a lot of calls

Mad_Baron

Some great striker makers have been mentioned above.  I love my 1 pc. Dymondwood striker from Clint Corder and all my Fowlers.
I may be biased but I love how my strikers run.  Customer feedback has been great and I was honored to get 1st and 3rd place striker in the Mountain State Championship in WV last weekend.  Thanks

John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

Harty

Quote from: Mad_Baron on January 14, 2020, 09:06:01 AM
Some great striker makers have been mentioned above.  I love my 1 pc. Dymondwood striker from Clint Corder and all my Fowlers.
I may be biased but I love how my strikers run.  Customer feedback has been great and I was honored to get 1st and 3rd place striker in the Mountain State Championship in WV last weekend.  Thanks

Congratulation on your recognition in WV!

davisd9

Think I decided on a Fowler Wenge.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeytider

I think Mr. Harold`s strikers may well achieve legendary status. By the way, that remark`s in no way intended to denigrate any of the other great striker craftsmen. Just a statement of opinion.

packmule

Quote from: Turkeytider on January 15, 2020, 10:55:50 AM
I think Mr. Harold`s strikers may well achieve legendary status. By the way, that remark`s in no way intended to denigrate any of the other great striker craftsmen. Just a statement of opinion.

Agreed.