OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When the 20 gauge bug bites...

Started by PEPPERHEAD, December 24, 2019, 01:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEPPERHEAD

I bought one, then two, now 5!!! I love shooting and carrying the little thumpers.

paboxcall

Nice Pepper, that's an awesome collection of 20s you got.

That bug bit last winter, ended up with this:

Right place, time, and price for this "used" Mossy 500. I don't think it was ever fired by the previous owner and there wasn't a speck of dust on it anywhere, clean as it would have been in the factory box.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Curtdawg88

Nice collection! Do they still make the camo shurshot stock or did you have it dipped? I can't seem to find a camo one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Curtdawg88 on December 24, 2019, 03:38:04 PM
Nice collection! Do they still make the camo shurshot stock or did you have it dipped? I can't seem to find a camo one.

I hope you do not mind my sticking my nose in, but there are a bunch of them on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H1.TRS0&_nkw=ShurShot+Stock&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Camo+Sureshot+stock
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: Curtdawg88 on December 24, 2019, 03:38:04 PM

I had mine dipped. The metal was cerakoted patriot brown and the stocks were dipped in bottomland

Greg Massey

I've never seen Shurshot stock and forearm in camo for 20 ga..

tracker#1

Very nice collection....having trouble getting some of my "turkey buds" to flip....some thought I'm crazy until they saw results. Wait till they see me toting a .410 this spring....

nyhunter

I've never seen Shurshot stock and forearm in camo for 20 ga..     (AGREED)

I'm up to 3 DEDICATED 20ga turkey gun's my self, love everything about them.

3bailey3

Hoytrules

:you_rock:  Nice I'm waiting for my 3rd one to arrive.

mtns2hunt

Sounds like fun collecting. I have dedicated guns but normally only one for each species. After all can only soot one at a time. Like my current 20 dout I will buy another while this one functions so well. But I like to see folks having fun.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Holtbensley

I love the Thompson center.. makes me wish I never sold mine
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

PEPPERHEAD

It took me a while to find one. I quickly got rid of the ugly realtree camo. Looks much better in bottomland.

Buckman84

Had acquired a Remington 870 20 gauge last year. And just installed a Ati stock, and fixing to pick up a saddle mount and red dot sight of some type. Would love to have this thing dipped in original bottomland but having a hard time locating anyone local where I'm located to have it done. But interested to see how she's gonna do this season. I do have a primos jellyhead maximum choke for it just need to run some rounds to see how it'll pattern.