turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 410 mini youth

Started by aristico, November 30, 2019, 10:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aristico

Looking to get a couple of these for my daughters to get them shooting and hopefully ready in time for turkey next year.

Two concerns is the 18.5 inch barrel or the fixed modified choke going ro be a problem?

Thanks Tico

dms2511

Both my son's killed their first gobblers with the same 510 mini at age 7. The 18.5"barrel is a nonissue in my opinion, but mine is a 20 gauge and threaded for choke tubes.  Hevishot choke tube and Magnum Blends was the hot ticket in our gun.  The 510 has single handily has taken more gobblers that any other single gun in my collection. I love shooting gobblers, but love watching my son's shoot them more!

TSS wasn't available when they started hunting, so 410 wasn't really the option that it has become today. 20 gauge on the Caldwell Field Pod was the trick for us.

savduck

I have one that I bought for my son. Shot tss #9 through the mod barrell. He killed two with it, and then I have let three other children kill birds with it. 5 total. Mine shoots a 40 yard pattern from factory. Put a red dot site on it.

I also found some 410 #7 hevi shot duck loads that the gun liked out to 30 yards.
Georgia Boy