turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

old wood and horns

Started by 3bailey3, December 22, 2019, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

we have a old house that is on my parents place that a guy that worked for my Grandfather lived, it is started to fall in, probably 80 or more years old now and I have been trying to save some of the wood in it, here are a few slabs I got and had some horns laying around and put them together.

Chris O

You can cut some nice turkey plaques out of that to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobspur

Heck yeah, that's awesome. Here's one I did on wood from our old barn built in the 1850's.  We homesteaded our place in 1827 and have a few barns and little outbuildings with lots of old wood.  Something special when I harvest one on the same ground.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Nice work.. that old wood just has character...

tomstopper

Nice

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

mtns2hunt

Always great to re purpose old lumbar. I have been using old Oak timbers that are very weathered to mount deer and a coyote. I do suggest anyone doing this take care to insure the boards are not infested. I spray them down with bug spray and store in a freezer for at least a year. I then coat with a couple layers of polyurethane to seal. This is especially important if whats being mounted has hair on it not to mention to safe guard any other mounted critters in the room.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

coyote1

Those look awesome! Old barn wood looks sweet with antlers or a turkey fan on it.

shoer2

Those look great need too do a few like that