turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bow hunting Question

Started by HILBY72, August 29, 2019, 12:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HILBY72

For the guys or gals that bow hunt deer on state land. What does everyone use to hang their gear and bow in the tree where your not allowed to use screw in bow hooks. Saw some options but I was not really impressed. Thanks

Sir-diealot

I have not used it but have been thinking on this for next year. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FD2GDKH/?coliid=I340IAT3GDDIIQ&colid=1O8VXG016CDT0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I am not keen on putting holes in trees if I can help it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rzrbac

Never hunted where I couldn't use the hooks. I don't always use them though. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a limb or snag. I always a have a small limb saw and if they are in the right place I just leave enough to hang my bow or pack from.

HILBY72

I live in PA and from what I read there is to be no damage to the tree, which would include not cutting branches.

Greg Massey

Years ago i made mine from the metal shelf brackets , like you hang on the wall , with tie down buckle strap..cheap and you can get the L shape brackets at WalMart or Lowe's pretty cheap...

Sixes

I have no idea about PA laws, but I would call the local DNR and ask them, I really don't see where a bowhanger or cutting a limb is damaging a tree any worse than a tree stand.

Spitten and drummen

Check out third hand archery. They have awesome products I have been using over the last 10 years. Everything from the bow holder to the stabilizer straps.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wvmntnhick

Years ago I bought a strap that had hooks on it. Lost it. Can't recall the name. But, I did like it. It serves me well. I think my nephew snagged it but he won't dress up to it. If using a climber, I just hang stuff from the rail these days. Having said that, I'm getting away from climbers. Lightweight lock on and steps. Up the tree and set in 10 minutes with less noise and about the same effort. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

If you can get one of the old strap on tree steps they can work as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

perrytrails

My wife sewed two straps together leaving some slack in between the area that's sewed on the top strap to form a natural gap. She also sewed loops on each end.

Wrap around the tree and connect with a small carabiner.

Use those rubber coated wire nite ize on amazon or some kinda rubber coated or plastic hooks.

Jim at Third Hand Archery makes a good strong tree strap to hang stuff if you would rather buy one.

Happy

Have a holder for my bow bolted onto my climbing treestand and just strap my pack to the tree I am in or use a short length of paracord to tie it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

Good options. I often use a dog snap on my haul line.
I have already, simply cause I didn't have hooks, pulled the bow up n tied it to tree at the right height. Yea takes a second to unsnap it but it's kind of minimal movement.
I'll be honest I'd just use a screw in hanger. I follow the law but like jay walking it's the least of all law enforcement issues and I'll take my chances