turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trouble brewing at the NRA

Started by RutnNStrutn, August 21, 2019, 04:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Oliver North has been removed as President of the NRA, followed in short succession by 4 board members resignations. The issue is Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the NRA since 1991, using the NRA as his private slush fund.
LaPierre has had the NRA pay for luxury travel on private jets to foreign countries, then being chauffeured in luxury cars with drivers to ritzy, expensive resorts. He also used the NRA's money to buy himself a $6 million estate. He wanted to buy a $6 million executive retreat on a Carribian island that he and his cronies could vacation at, but that plan was exposed and thwarted. >:(
Any board member that doesn't back LaPierre on his ridiculous spending, is attacked by LaPierre, removed from committees, and ostracized. It's past time for LaPierre to be removed from his position. As a Life and Endowment member of the NRA, I am furious with LaPierre and his cronies squandering our money, and living lives of luxury at our expense. >:(
There is a march in Washington DC that's being planned to bring pressure on LaPierre to resign. When I find out more, I will keep you guys posted.
Here are a couple of links to the story.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/457962-fox-news-host-roasts-nras-lapierre-an-odious-little-grifter-who-needs-to-go

https://thehill.com/homenews/458101-three-more-nra-officials-step-down-amid-spending-controversy-report

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tal

Been a life member for close to 40 years. They have had upheavals, I remember the Knox episode. You are right, it's time for a change. This organization is worth more than ANY one person, from the newest member to the top brass. He has been effective, he had the ear of our most important lawmakers. Time for  him to move on...

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tal

If Ollie is pointing fingers, nuff said. LOL. More than smoke

Sixes

Perfect example of someone forgetting why they are in a position. He has help the top dog spot for close to 30 years and thinks of the NRA as "his".

There is a big diffenece in paying a man well and that man just being greedy.

Why does the NRA need huge retreats anyway?

It is time for another pro gun group to either step up or form.

I always wished Tom Selleck would have stepped up, his gun stance has always been straightforward and his speaking is top notch.

idgobble

I quit the NRA 25 years ago when it became obvious they were squandering $ and supporting politicians who advocated policies detrimental to hunting.

tal

Quote from: Sixes on August 21, 2019, 05:33:33 PM
Perfect example of someone forgetting why they are in a position. He has help the top dog spot for close to 30 years and thinks of the NRA as "his".

There is a big diffenece in paying a man well and that man just being greedy.

Why does the NRA need huge retreats anyway?

It is time for another pro gun group to either step up or form.

I always wished Tom Selleck would have stepped up, his gun stance has always been straightforward and his speaking is top notch.
Again, nuff said.

sasquatch1

I got out of it as soon as they started calling me every week preaching they need more money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Quote from: Happy on August 21, 2019, 05:21:40 PM
Steady KBC, steadeeeee
;D 

I also got tired of the constant calls, emails etc.  Hopefully they can steady the ship, or another organization can step up and carry the torch.     
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wvmntnhick

Quote from: guesswho on August 21, 2019, 07:27:30 PM
Quote from: Happy on August 21, 2019, 05:21:40 PM
Steady KBC, steadeeeee
;D 

I also got tired of the constant calls, emails etc.  Hopefully they can steady the ship, or another organization can step up and carry the torch.   
+1

They "need" more money all the time. But, they use it for ridiculous reasons. I don't mind supporting stuff for the cause but when they're blowing it on senseless "stuff", I'm done. I'll pay to go on some kind of supportive trip but I'm not giving them money to do as they please. I believe they've done plenty to help but they've not used the money appropriately. I've since decided to put that money elsewhere. Our KPP program (feeding underprivileged students in our area) has been the recipient. And honestly, that just means more to me than some vacation spot on a distant island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

It's past time for Wayne LaPierre to go.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Old Timer

Things like this have a way of shaking out. The libs would like us all to jump ship. May i ask jump where?

Sir-diealot

I do not know if it is just in NY but we have an organization called SCOPE (Shooters Committee On Political Education) that I like though they had a bit of a shakedown in the group a few years ago as well. They work mainly at the state level.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoteduster

Well let's hope the the nra gets their stuff together

Spitten and drummen

Every organization has crooks. Very sad that its like that.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE