turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ohio Hunters

Started by Dwnforce, May 05, 2011, 12:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwnforce

Any of you guys getting on birds this late in the season..I just got back from Missouri and am hitting the woods this weekend..looking forward to hunting all day.

Spring_Woods

In southern Ohio the birds have been somewhat quiet. I'd say due to the cooler temps. If you wanna hunt, chances are your going to have to deal with rain. Good luck.

S_W
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Cutt

Hunted Ohio a few times the first 2 weeks when the weather cooperated, which wasn't much. But the few times the weather broke the first 2 weeks, never had a better time with gobbling birds.

Did manage to take a decent one, passed several Jake's, and boogered up a couple of shots I should of had?

But what a difference 2 weeks can make, as now I'm hunting PA, basically the same area just over the Ohio line, hardly talking at all. Hopefully it picks up soon, but the first 2 weeks were the weeks to hunt. I honestly believe if the first 2 weeks were wall to wall sun, they would have gobbled the whole 2 weeks, a different story now.

Dwnforce

Sunny today and gonna rain tomorrow but sat its supposed to rain pm..will see..I dont care about the rain my buddys in Missouri killed three in a downpour .

Spring_Woods

Haven't heard a gobble in 3 days now..
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Duke0002

Been seeing jakes in one area.  Some gobbles very early, but very little after 8 am.  Even hens are pretty quiet.

turkeybill34

The last week was the best for the birds being vocal