turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gluing a pic to soundboard??

Started by TarheelTurk, May 04, 2011, 10:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

I was wondering how yall glue pics onto the soundboards? I have one glued using GOOP right now(don't seem to be working..but leaving it sitting over night to be sure! Thanks in advance I'm tryin to get this done for my buds wife, the pic is of him,his daughter & the turkey I called in for him this year. She's gonna give it to him from his lil girl for his Bday Friday, thanks again Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

I use 3M spray adhesive.  You can pick it up at Lowe's.  A can will do many pics!  I put my glass soundboard on a piece of cardboard and use a short, sweeping motion over the surface.  Get just enough to be able to see small dots of glue on the glass surface.  Line the edge up at one side and lay the picture on and smooth it out. 

Be sure to cut your photo to size prior to gluing rather than trying to trim it afterwards.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

misfire

Elmer's spray adhesive, got it at Hobby Lobby
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

VanHelden Game Calls

What they said.

But I trim after.  glue on pic and let dry.  Then I flip over and use a x-acto and trim to fit.  I get a cleaner look this way.

Austy

If the picture is from a digital camera and you have a & pinter that you can print pictures on have them email you the photo.  Open a Word Document and then Copy and paste the photo into a Word document.  Once you have the photo pasted into the word document you should be able to resize the picture by putting your pointer on the corner of the photo and increasing or decreasing its size.  Pull from the corners so that everything changes normally otherwise the people will look either too thin or too fat.  I use white Sticker Paper that can be bought at Staples and print the photo to the sticker paper, then remove the backing and place it on your sound board and trim.  YFI, if the call is going to be used in wet weather then there is a good chance that the inks from the photo will run so beware!!!.  They also make a clear see through that you can print the picture to or put over the picture on the white if you want to try to protect the picture from weather.  It's worked for me.  Good Luck!!!

TarheelTurk

THANKS for all the great advice and different approaches to this. The call turned out great my bud was surprised to say the least. I told him it was the first one i'd ever done so if for some reason down the road it screwed up i'd fix it. He informed me that he was gonna need another call to taking with him hunting b/c that one was gonna be displayed in the house for everyone to see. lol Glad to see he liked it! THANKS AGAIN.
                                                                Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL