turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody else notice?

Started by Bay1985, July 13, 2019, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

One thing that can't be argued is man is dumping tons of carbon in the atmosphere. That has to be having having an impact on the environment. I know (humans know) it's having an adverse affect on the oceans, I don't mean sea level rise.

How much does man affect climate change? I don't know but you'd better hope it is minimal. Because the world isn't slowing down anytime soon on the use of fossil fuels. Europe and the USA can reduce their fossil fuel use all they want the rest of the world will surpass that reduction.

In the 70's environmentalist stopped the expansion of nuclear power. We used coal and oil instead. Be careful what you wish for....
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Rapscallion Vermilion

Now its clear you haven't really read the articles.  You are confusing "studies" with whether or not the abstracts (and only the abstracts) in a very long list of papers had a discernible position on AGW.  It seems like I've upset you. Sorry, that wasn't my intent.

Crghss

We have a "Gould's turkey" reference in a climate change discussion(?) that sites Infowars as a source.....Nice!

GobbleNut

You fellers keep this up and old Bay is gonna have to hit the ignore function on all of ya'!  Pretty soon it will just be him and La yackin' back and forth.  Of course, a bunch of us think they are the same person anywho, so maybe we can just convince 'em to forgit the typin' and jist talk to hisself!  ....Would save all of us a bunch of head shakin', fo' sho.   :toothy9: :blob10: :toothy9: :blob10:

...retreating back under my bridge for now....   :angel9:

LaLongbeard

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 14, 2019, 10:48:27 PM
You fellers keep this up and old Bay is gonna have to hit the ignore function on all of ya'!  Pretty soon it will just be him and La yackin' back and forth.  Of course, a bunch of us think they are the same person anywho, so maybe we can just convince 'em to forgit the typin' and jist talk to hisself!  ....Would save all of us a bunch of head shakin', fo' sho.   :toothy9: :blob10: :toothy9: :blob10:

The whole global warming,Climate Change, illegal immigration,Russia interference, all a cover up for the real truth.

Gobbnut  -Keyboard Comando- and Hilary Clinton are the same person!  Boom truth bomb! On top of that I have sources that tell me he/she was never a Comando but really a "Keyboard private" 
Now that the truth is out I'm sure KP will go tell like he always does when a thread goes wrong for him so he can have the thread deleted which was probably her plan all along lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

ChiefBubba

cuttinAR

Ok, I'm back for one more post.  After reading some of this nonsense I just can't help myself.  For you climate deniers, I have one quote for you.

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe in it. 

fallhnt

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

GobbleNut

Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 15, 2019, 11:46:56 AM

Gobbnut  -Keyboard Comando- and Hilary Clinton are the same person!  Boom truth bomb! On top of that I have sources that tell me he/she was never a Comando but really a "Keyboard private" 
Now that the truth is out I'm sure KP will go tell like he always does when a thread goes wrong for him so he can have the thread deleted which was probably her plan all along lol

Ahhh yes,...resort to the old "I know what you are but what am I" kindergarten defense!  Well played, LaBay (or is it LaBaybeard?), well played!  You really know how to put a guy in his place!  I shudder to think what you might come up with next.  ...Maybe the "I'm rubber and you're glue" ploy? No, wait,...that comes at the first grade level!
I am sure we all await with bated breath.  Please don't disappoint all of us by saying something bordering on intelligence...  :toothy12:

Bay1985

Quote from: cuttinAR on July 15, 2019, 12:20:57 PM
Ok, I'm back for one more post.  After reading some of this nonsense I just can't help myself.  For you climate deniers, I have one quote for you.

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe it in.

I agree with the quote... I'd add it has to be proven factual science. This man made Climate change hasn't been proven. The  Climate models and calculations have been proven both wrong and fabricated.

Crghss

If you believe in global warming or not the truth is 1st world countries are reducing carbon emissions by:

Building solar/wind generation
Eliminating dependency on coal and oil 
Developing electric cars for everyday use

There is no stopping this....within 10-15 years the transformation of society will reflect these new realities.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 02:50:29 PM

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe it in.

I agree with the quote... I'd add it has to be proven factual science. This man made Climate change hasn't been proven. The  Climate models and calculations have been proven both wrong and fabricated.
So measurable effects such as ozone layer depletion and polar ice cap reduction aren't solid enough proof? Anyone that doesn't want to believe and thinks it's only a scam to get people's money is in total paranoia and borderline has a persecution complex.

A quote from Neil DeGrasse Tyson that certainly applies to some if not most:
"I am convinced that the act of thinking logically cannot possibly be natural to the human mind."

Sir-diealot

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe in it.
Major problem with that quote, first science said the world was created by an explosion, then they said an implosion, then there was a thing about it being spun together at one time. Science constantly contradicts itself, that is just one example.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleNut

Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 03:11:20 PM
If you believe in global warming or not the truth is 1st world countries are reducing carbon emissions by:

There is no stopping this....within 10-15 years the transformation of society will reflect these new realities.

...And none too soon, I might add.  Unfortunately, I am not so sure it will make a difference at this point,...but at least it gives us hope. 

Bay1985

Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 03:11:20 PM

You will not see a reduction of oil usage in your lifetime or your kids lifetime. I work for one of the largest Oil Refineries on the Gulf Coast and we have been setting production records for years with no reduction foreseeable. There is to much money in the drilling, transportation, refining and sale of oil and oil products. Not to mention the tax revenue and export income. The world runs on oil period. And even if all the tree huggers in the US could flip a switch and turn America all electric it would not slow down fossil fuel usage it would only cripple the US economy. You may have been gullible enough to buy an electric car but the transformation of a society built and ran on oil is delusional.