OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi-shot is in the bonafide TSS game

Started by BINK McCARTY, June 26, 2019, 08:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

:drool:  After a conversation with a member of hevi-shot's staff today there will be a NEW load out by this fall's turkey season (IF you have one) it's gonna be called Hevi-18. The ONLY thing this fella elaborated on was that it will be offered in straight shot sizes and will be out this fall.

bbcoach

As for me, I'll stick with the Hevi 13 #7's out of my 835.  They haven't let me down(and I have plenty) so no need to change.  I'm not going to spend $10 per shell to kill a bird at 25 yards when a $5 shell will do the trick LOL.  I hope they plan on loading #9's in their offerings.

davisd9

How often will they change the components to these rounds? Hevi 13 seemed to change every year.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BINK McCARTY

Spitten and drummen

Im glad I load my own. If I did not then I would look at them for my 20 ga but I would stick to long beards outta my 12.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

runngun

Can't wait to see what they will do

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mikejd

Quote from: bbcoach on June 26, 2019, 09:01:24 PM
As for me, I'll stick with the Hevi 13 #7's out of my 835.  They haven't let me down(and I have plenty) so no need to change.  I'm not going to spend $10 per shell to kill a bird at 25 yards when a $5 shell will do the trick LOL.  I hope they plan on loading #9's in their offerings.

So will a 2$ shell. My old lead 4' s never failed me once. At about 10$  a box it's a no brainer.

Turkeytider

I assume they`ll be more expensive than Hevi-13s, which already has tungsten as a part of the alloy, along with nickel and iron. Those do just fine for me in my 12 gauge 870 Super Mag.

bbcoach

Quote from: mikejd on June 27, 2019, 07:30:26 AM

So will a 2$ shell. My old lead 4' s never failed me once. At about 10$  a box it's a no brainer.
Agreed!!!!  That is why the LOL.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

owlhoot

Quote from: davisd9 on June 27, 2019, 09:13:02 AM
What lot number should we search for?
Br549

I wonder if the shot is going to be round ?

TauntoHawk

Quote from: mikejd on June 27, 2019, 07:30:26 AM

I do the majority of my calling with the same $8 mouth call, yet season after season I keep buying more $$$ custom calls then I could carry if I wore all 3 of my vests at the same time.. I do a lot of crazy things when it comes to turkey. 
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

falltoms

I use their shells occasionally in one of my set ups. I hope they finally figure out how to properly crimp shells. That seems to be an ongoing problem for them, I've had many leak buffer and shot. But they do preform well.

WiLL B

Their Magnumblend shells shot good for me but I hated their poor crimping jobs.

mudhen

Looking forward to trying H-18 out!

There has been some press on IG about it already...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka