OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

best crow call

Started by slave601, February 12, 2011, 11:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 26, 2011, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: Executioner on February 25, 2011, 07:45:12 PM
Own a Gibson and it's a fine crow call, but I can make the Hook's sound as real as it gets. God bless.
Yup are we calling crows or making turkeys gobble..

I cant count the number of times I have had a real crow sound off, nothing, Hit the Harrison BOOM Gobble... 
Exactly. It's all about the volume and emotion you put into it. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

neal

Hooks! Plus it really looks cool when you have macthing owl hooter and crow call. Maple if you must know :lol:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

dreis3

I can't speak for the Hook's crow call, however my guess would be it's a very good, seems like those guys don't know how to make a bad call. But as far as sounding like a real crow, my buddy has a crow call from Bobby Vanover and that thing sounds absolutely amazing. I have not had much luck getting turkeys to shock gobble to a crow call in PA but when I was up in Ontario a few years back and when we'd get back to my buddy's house in the afternoon I'd hit a crow call from his deck and this bird would light up and it'd be on again, everyday he'd light up and make us chase him for a few hours. We never did kill that bird couldn't get him to break 60 yards. He got killed the next by a friend of my buddy's, 23 lbs, 1.25 and 1 3/8 spurs, 11.5 beard.
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

TNhunterKMC

Haven't seen it listed but the Faulks C-50 can't be beaten.

gobbler777

As owner of Crowmart, co founder of CrowBusters and a long time crow hunter I will say that you can't find better custom calls than the ones Gibson and Mincey make. Gibsons have plastic mouthpieces; Minceys are wooden. Both are tuned properly and are very loud. As most of you know they are not going to sound like real crows if you blow them like party horns.
Now as a 48 year turkey hunter I wouldn't be out there without one of those two great sounding crow calls. A gobbler, when he takes a notion to, however will shock gobble at just about any loud . I'm sure the Hooks call sounds great and I look forward to hearing it. Good hunting to all this spring.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Cavin Castleberry

Yes, Mr.Gibson makes the BEST crow calls!! He made me a oak crow call and it look,sound awesome!! I will call him next week and order one more! Can't wait to talk to Mr.Gibson about my new call! He is a wonderful guy and a nice friend!!! A true custom call maker!!  Thank,you Mr.Gibson  :jesus-cross: