turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best crow call

Started by slave601, February 12, 2011, 11:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

The Hooks is excellent for getting a shock Gobble. I also have a Buckner and it sounds great.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

OLE RASPY

I have the primos power crow and like it.

RutnNStrutn

So the Harrison crow call from Hooks is the one you guys are saying the turks gobble to?

M,Yingling

Its hard to beat a crow call with set of wooden guts  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

wbpc

I have not carried it hunting yet, but my hooks sounds great.  Took the Woodhaven out and put the Hooks in.

shootumindaface

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 12, 2011, 08:50:40 PM
So the Harrison crow call from Hooks is the one you guys are saying the turks gobble to?
I dont want to push a call on you, and cannot speak for your birds.. But Yes, in every state that I have hunted in, it has worked effectively.. If you have a crow call that works, it can be one of the most valuable tools in your arsenal..

But I will say their is no half azz blowing this thing.. Hammer Down.. I might be the only one but I hammer down so hard I have broke 2 reeds..  :TooFunny:

doepee

Quote from: WVFrid on February 12, 2011, 01:39:01 PM
I have both, a Hooks crow and Michael Buckner crow call. Of the two I like the buckner call the best.
Is the one from hooks the synthetic crow call? and where can you contact Michael Buckner for a crow call?  Thanks

wildcat14

I've always used an H.S. Strut Hammerin Crow.  I would like to find a wooded one of some kind though.

shootumindaface

Quote from: doepee on February 13, 2011, 10:23:59 AM
Quote from: WVFrid on February 12, 2011, 01:39:01 PM
I have both, a Hooks crow and Michael Buckner crow call. Of the two I like the buckner call the best.
Is the one from hooks the synthetic crow call? and where can you contact Michael Buckner for a crow call?  Thanks
If it were me I would opt for the synthetic for hunting, but either can be equally loud

CASH

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 12, 2011, 08:50:40 PM

That's what the birds at my club shock gobble to the best.  And some old Primos crow call that T-town has
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

boggszilla

I thought crow calls were a waist of time,until i found one that worked!!the old one had one reed that did not adjust,then last season i tried my buddy's power crow,with a rubber mouth piece and had some good luck..i've had better luck waiting for a response when the woods are silent,no breeze,etc.

nstrut

the old wood Lohman crow call i have used many others but this old wood call will make them gobble when others won't

northms

We have so many dang crows around here you can't help but have them going crazy most mornings somewhere near by.

I love when it just starts getting light and they go to yelling about something.

Skeeterbait

Yes Hooks is awsome.  Easy to master and very authentic.  Closest thing I have ever hear to it is the old Lohman which I have one of those also.  But the hooks is more authentic in my opinion.

joeturkey

my best crow call is a joe jaroski it sounds better than a real crow