turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran crystal calls

Started by Jimspur, May 26, 2019, 08:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimspur

Kinda surprising. I thought more people would like the Metal Mouth.

BTH

Twisted Sister has killed a pile of birds for me
Phil 4:13

Txag12

I have ran the metal mouth, crystal mistress and twisted sister

1. Crystal mistress
2. Twisted sister
3. Metal mouth

The crystal mistress has a real nice front end. The twisted sister is good as well but I think it's less versatile. The metal mouth I had I felt was poor in ease of running. Could make it sound decent but it didn't have the "pop" to it or ease of a two note yelp that the crystal mistress and twisted sister have.

Jester87

Macks Prairie Wings has a 15% off sale for Memorial Day. Bought his double glass and TS. Called my Merriam this year using his MM2.

Jimspur

SemoRiverRat

Crystal mistress for me over either of the metal mouths.  I haven't tried the Sister yet

Sir-diealot

There is a new Crystal Mistress on ebay right now now for $69.99 including shipping but to be honest I would rather spend the extra $5.60 shipping and have a warranty from the maker. Here is the link of interested though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Halloran-Crystal-Mistress-Friction-Turkey-Pot-Call/293100515564?hash=item443e26f0ec:g:5lcAAOSwwZtc5sWb:sc:USPSPriority!14441!US!-1
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jimspur

I'm the same way. I'd rather have a new one from the man himself for
$5.00 more. Thanks guys, looks like it's gonna be a Crystal Mistress.
       Probably won't order it for awhile. Let him get settled back in after turkey season.
                                   Thanks again to all who replied,
                                                                                  Jim

Spitten and drummen

Have all 3 and my twisted sister gets my vote followed by the mistress. The metal mouth is not in the running with these 2 in my opinion.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Ozark870Hunter

CM has taken more birds for me than any other pot call.
Double glass is great as well, and just as easy to play.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/