OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question on Buster Halford Slate

Started by redjones, May 21, 2019, 01:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redjones

I am looking to pick up either a Green or Red slate from him and was wondering if guys that own them could give me some direction on either.

Thanks.........Greg
Semper Fi

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

redjones

I've sent him a couple of PM's and he has told me his thoughts,I was just interested in seeing what others had to say on the Red or the Green.

Thanks.........Greg
Semper Fi

Gog1015

Snood Life

3bailey3

letinmfly

Either one will serve you well but my personal favorite is the red slate.  I'm a little biased on this opinion though. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

shoer2

Really like my red slate it sounds great.

BTH

Persimmon green slate over glass. Fantastic call! My favorite out of the 7 green slate pots I have tried.

His canarywood green slate and his zebrawood green slate are mighty fine too.
Phil 4:13

dixiemagnum80

I have the Canarywood/green slate and it's awesome. When things slow down for him I'm going to order a couple more, including the red slate.

yelpy

You cant go wrong with any slate in his persimmon pots. I have 4 persimmon. LOL!

Red slate over glass
Red slate over slate
Red slate over aluminum
Green slate over wood

I think any red or green slate pot you order from Buster will be killer.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

redjones

Thanks Guys.
I ordered a Red Slate over Slate and it should be here in2-3 weeks can't wait even thou season is closed.
Seems like a really decent Man,I'm sure from everything I've read he makes a very good call.

Greg
Semper Fi

Spitten and drummen

Red slate in persimmon. One of the best pots I have ever ran. The birds seem to agree.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jed clampett

Larry is a great guy...that red slate over slate is a great pot...my 1st go to next year

shatcher