OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Computer Moron, Need Help

Started by zelmo1, May 25, 2019, 07:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Can I copy a post on one thread and post it to another? Looking but can't find any help  :OGturkeyhead:

Sir-diealot

Yes, open a second window to paste into and then copy from the first and paste in the new one.

You do not even need the second window, it would just be an assurance in case you did not copy it right the first time you could just go back and copy it again from the fist window.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rapscallion Vermilion

Sure, go to the post you want to copy and hit Quote in the upper right corner, as if you were going to do a reply while quoting that post.  Select and copy everything you see in the editing window.  Once you copied it, leave that editing window and go to the other thread and open a fresh reply window.  Paste what you copied into that new window on the new thread.  If you keep the quote, unquote stuff, it will look like this:

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 25, 2019, 07:45:21 PM
Can I copy a post on one thread and post it to another? Looking but can't find any help  :OGturkeyhead:

If you delete everything but the actual text, it will look like this:

zelmo1

I am not as dumb as I thought, lol. Just needed a lighter than anvil touch and a spot of patience. Thanks for the help guys

SinGin

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 25, 2019, 08:19:34 PM
Yes, open a second window to paste into and then copy from the first and paste in the new one.

You do not even need the second window, it would just be an assurance in case you did not copy it right the first time you could just go back and copy it again from the fist window.

Are you really Bill Gates? Every time someone has a computer question you have the answer right away. So wish I had your knowledge about that computer stuff. I'm always screaming for my wife or daughters

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SinGin on May 25, 2019, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 25, 2019, 08:19:34 PM

Are you really Bill Gates? Every time someone has a computer question you have the answer right away. So wish I had your knowledge about that computer stuff. I'm always screaming for my wife or daughters
When my car accident happened I was in a lot of really bad pain, I could not stand, sit or lay down and not be in massive pain. I wound up at a friends house one day and sat in his chair in front of his computer and it was the only thing I had sat on in months that I was comfortable in. I spent a lot of time at his house and on his computer just gaming at first because it was a place I could be comfortable and the gaming helped take my mind off the pain for a bit. I wound up becoming a PC gamer and joined a clan and even was running my own clan for a time. (Until I got a girlfriend) In that time I started to learn a bit about computers, won a computer and helped put together two of my computers though I can't build one on my own because of my left hand. It is not a club hand or anything like that, I can type if I use an ergonomic keyboard, I can't use a straight keyboard without massive pain in that hand though and some things that need that real find motor coordination like putting those small screws into a computer case part I can't do. I can change memory on the right hand side of a processor but not the left as the left hand does not have the coordination. So I learned a little, not a lot, but a little.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."