OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fools and they're money!

Started by jblackburn, May 17, 2019, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G squared 23

A lot of people are really, really dumb with money, and even worse with plastic.  They buy today's junk with tomorrow's money and then complain about not being able to get ahead, the "evil corporations" stealing from everybody.  But they just can't go without that new $1000 iPhone (only $50/month! over 2 years), and that $45,000 truck that they "deserve" because they work hard. 

Based on most people's financial misadventures, a $200 call is a tiny drop in the bucket.

Marc

Quote from: merriamsman on May 17, 2019, 06:21:53 PM
I have two, a wood one and a plastic one. They work real good as a locater call, but you have to blow them like a duck call feeding chatter - a rapid fire tucka, tucka, tucka...Not the rolling tongue method that they recommend. I should sell them - I have a Hale Fire that I think sounds better.
Duck hunters can use them...   Feeding chuckle with the right amount of back-pressure and they sound decent.

I have some odd predator call that works better using the same method...  I have killed some birds or located birds that I killed using that call.

Ain't payin' more than $20 though...  Wish now that I had bought a bunch.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Marc on May 23, 2019, 11:42:12 PM
Duck hunters can use them...   Feeding chuckle with the right amount of back-pressure and they sound decent.
Not mine, sounded more like a gargling teal.