Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you were going to buy a new turkey slayer????

Started by Chilly, May 03, 2011, 04:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

davisd9

I would buy the Mossberg 935 or the Remington 11-87.  I do not shoot 3.5" shells but the overbore of the 935 will produce great patterns and there is not tougher auto than an 11-87.  I am a pump guy and have an 835 and an 870.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

drenalinld

gobbler74

Watching the m3500 Stoeger to see how the reviews are.. They make one in a 24" I believe hands down I would prefer a benelli in auto..but dont want to spend that much for a turkey gun when I have a cabinet full..I would use the Benelli for waterfowl. Separate entities around here. I keep my shotguns set up for the sport. I have 11-87's and 935..so whats the scoop on the 3.5" Stoeger..other than she is a bit heavy.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

mudhen

Super Vinci or Beretta A400  :)

I wouldn't accept any Mossturd product for free, and I have turned down more than one for free....

On the cheap?  BPS or 870 SM.

In the middle?  Browning Silver or Win SX3.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

davisd9

Quote from: mudhen on May 04, 2011, 02:05:43 PM
Super Vinci or Beretta A400  :)

I wouldn't accept any Mossturd product for free, and I have turned down more than one for free....

On the cheap?  BPS or 870 SM.

In the middle?  Browning Silver or Win SX3.

mudhen

Next free one you come upon send me a message and I will be glad to take it off your hands. :)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Fastcat

If you get offered two I will take one!  I was a long time anti-mossberg guy... I have all kinds of Remingtons and Winchesters in my safes.  I got my first Mossberg on purpose this year(I have won a couple and let them go.) The over-bored Mossbergs are really tough to beat on the pattern board or in the turkey woods.  Also the 500 action (what all mossy pumps are based on) won the military contract and was the only one completed there tests.  One of which was 3500 rounds of full power buck!  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't part with my Wingmasters for anything!

chatterbox

I just picked up an 835 from a buddy of mine and all I can say is I wished I had bought one years ago! It's a great gun, and she throws some wicked patterns!
Very pleased with my new slayer!

pcgobbler

I'd get an 870 with a shurshot.  I already have an 1187 SM shurshot.  Once I've had a shurshot, I'll never go back to a standard stock.  Although I may try a knoxx for my boys gun b/c I can adjust it for me and him.  That shurshot makes off handed shots common for turkey hunters much steadier.

drenalinld

Quote from: mudhen on May 04, 2011, 02:05:43 PM
Super Vinci or Beretta A400  :)

On the cheap?  BPS or 870 SM.

In the middle?  Browning Silver or Win SX3.

mudhen

I'm almost to that point mudhen. I have two 835's that throw freakish patterns, but I don't like carrying them, shooting them, or looking at them. To each his own.

grousec

I have the B guns but not hung up on them.  They are in my opinion over priced especially if looking for a turkey gun only.  I have Benelli Legacy, franchi o/u, have had beretta's and I like my Mossy 935 a lot.  So if you guys have free Mossy's offered let me know, I can make room for guns that don't start with a B.

TauntoHawk

I love everything about my gun expect that it doesnt handle 3 1/2's so Id just get the same thing just chambered for 3.5's

870, sureshot stock (although knoxx do look sweet), fastfire II
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bird

Man this thread is like waving a juicy bone in front of a dogs nose.

All I'm gonna say is that I know what gun or guns it wouldn't be.
  :goofball:  :TooFunny:

Magnuss

Remington 870.  I've had mine for several years now and have no complaints.  You can customize them to meet your specific needs/preferences. The options are (almost) limitless.
Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam, Circumspice

Gobble!