OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks for reading

Started by monty690, May 15, 2019, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty690

First I want to say thanks to Shannon for this site and allowing me to do this. Although it's not turkey related, I've written a book. I'll give a little background on it.  It started about 5yrs ago when my 9 year old granddaughter went away for the summer and we decided that we'd be pen pals. After a couple of letters back and forth, I ran out of something to say. So, I started sending her Bible stories. They're taken from the King James Version and I believe that I was led as to how to write them. Then, about a year ago, I believe that I was lead again to turn it into a book. It was a definite experience for me to go through that process. I used a very good publishing company that held my hand, so to speak,  through the whole thing and they were very patient with me. I had complete control over everything except the price. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The letters/chapters are exactly the way my granddaughter got them. There's a little bit of back and forth between us at the beginning of each. Yes, I'd like to get some of my money back for it but that's not the main reason I want to get it out there. If one person,  young or old,  gets something out of it then it's a success. My hope is to get it in as many hands as possible, Church libraries, military families and such. I thank you all for taking time to read this and if you want to know anything else, just ask. I'll post the link to the Amazon site and I think it's also available from Books A Million and Barnes and Noble.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=piper%27s+stories+by+monty+jordan&crid=OO02OEMR5NUE&sprefix=Piper%27s+Stories+%2Caps%2C177&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_16