OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr. Billy Buice

Started by Rzrbac, May 08, 2019, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

I would like to acquire an Osage trumpet from Mr. Billy. If I call him is he apt to have one readily available or will he just add me to his list?  If I should go on his list, any idea how long of a wait that may be. I'm in no hurry, I've bought 3 trumpets this spring. The wife will not be happy if I add a fourth in the next month or two. So if I could come up around Jan-Feb that would be great. Also what is your favorite Buice mouthpiece-screw-in or push-in?  Also what material for the mouthpiece?  Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have two other call markers I want to buy trumpets from and I'm clueless on their wait times. Anyway I'm just trying to set it up where I buy a trumpet per month in the Jan-Apr time frame and have them scattered a bit. Any advice on contacting Mr Billy?  Thanks

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

outdoors

A couple of years ago he always had a  inventorie
All of a sudden he  had a BIG  SURGE IN SALES
U going to have to call him and find out
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

BigSlam51

Last I talked to him in March he said 6 months

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

I just spoke to Mr. Buice. He was another awesome call maker to speak with. He only had 3 calls available. After considering the prospects of waiting, I decided to purchase one he had on hand. I'll be taking a check to town this afternoon.

Thanks to all the OG members who provided his POC and information.

BigSlam51

Awesome! What did you go with?
Quote from: Rzrbac on May 08, 2019, 01:11:04 PM
I just spoke to Mr. Buice. He was another awesome call maker to speak with. He only had 3 calls available. After considering the prospects of waiting, I decided to purchase one he had on hand. I'll be taking a check to town this afternoon.

Thanks to all the OG members who provided his POC and information.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

Mac Ebony with #4 push in.  He ran it for me over the phone. Can't wait to play it add it to my growing armory of calls.

nitro

I have an old Filson hat, it reads on the logo - " might as well own the best"

I think you made a great decision buying a call from Billy Buice.
Royal Slam 2008

Rzrbac

Got my trumpet from Mr. Buice today. I love this call, can't wait to put it in the woods.

I was a little surprised when I looked in the bell. It was dated Jan 03. It just adds to the nostalgia and "cool" factor. I hope to get to call Mr. Buice tomorrow, thank him for the call and maybe find out a little about the history of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Congrats buddy! She is a looker and very cool she is a little older!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

Very pretty call you got, congrats!!

Daryl

beardhunter87

Love Mac Ebony congrats buddy!

2nd 100

Always loosing stuff so I bought my first from him as a screw in . then a savduk Buice Maynard to hold a #2 , #3 and my call with a #4 screwed in place . Great combo from 2,  A # 1people .

gergg

Great call from a great craftsman.....and hard to beat Mac Ebony for trumpets.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls