turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

AZ hunter

Started by Jester87, May 06, 2019, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester87

Hi all, my name is Jessica. Loving this site for the wealth of info and drooling over everyone's custom calls. I normally hunt spring turkey in Gila NM unless I get drawn locally. Either way I'm above 7000 ft and hiking up the side of mountains! One day I would like to experience a more "flat land" hunt back east somewhere. ;D

My 2019 NM bird.

Sir-diealot

Hey Jessica nice to meet you and welcome to the site. Is that a Goulds* turkey? Fine looking bird whatever it is.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tomstopper

Welcome. Used to live in NY and PA so I was used to hunting smaller hills/mountainous ranges and miss hunting the ridge tops but since moving to NC, I can say that hunting flat ground is nice too. Good luck if you're season is still going

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Jester87

It's a Merriam. Havent been able to draw an Goulds hunt yet. Starting to research cost of hunting birds elsewhere. Our draw is a drag.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 06, 2019, 10:04:08 PM
Hey Jessica nice to meet you and welcome to the site. Is that a Goulds* turkey? Fine looking bird whatever it is.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Jester87 on May 07, 2019, 04:10:53 AM
It's a Merriam. Havent been able to draw an Goulds hunt yet. Starting to research cost of hunting birds elsewhere. Our draw is a drag.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 06, 2019, 10:04:08 PM
Ah okay, I was thinking it was the Goulds and the Rio's that had the white. Very pretty birds, I really would love to get one with all that white in them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

Jessica,

Welcome to OG. Nice photo

Harty

Welcome to OG Jessica. Careful with those custom calls. It can become addicting!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.