turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Comp n choke

Started by clucknpurr, April 30, 2019, 09:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clucknpurr

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Longbeards with a Comp N Choke?  I have a XXX I was thinking about trying in a Browning Gold.

eddie234

My comp n choke is on a Winchester 1300, it has a const of .655 and shoots 3" #6 long beards with awesome numbers.
Do a quick search and you should be able to find my pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10gaugemag

Just got a XXX Comp n Choke for my 24" Gold a couple weeks ago. I was able to get out last week and give it a whirl.

It did 138 at 40 through a very dirty barrel at about 60*. I have cleaned the gun and will try it again. Loads were 3" 1 3/4 oz. #5.

I hope to hit 160+ now that the barrel is clean.

Here is a 30 yard pattern.

10gaugemag

Here is a 40 yard target. I bet it improves now that barrel is clean. My other shots with different loads through the Comp n Choke were the best patterns this gun has shot with those loads.

I expect it to be the same with Longbeards and Comp n Choke. I hope for 160+.

10gaugemag

I plan on trying this choke and LB in a 26" barrel I purchased. This 24" barrel has been pretty picky on loads it likes.
I have quite a selection of 3" lead loads and only have a couple of loads the 24" barrel has shot well.

I am sure most patterns would kill turkeys just fine but I hate to try and have it not work.

One load I really want to work is the Winchester XX HV 1 3/4 oz. #5. They did shoot a little better through the Comp n Choke but we're still lacking in my opinion. Will try them with Comp n Choke in the 26" barrel as well.