Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Old lurker new member from Wisconsin

Started by Wisgobbler, April 27, 2019, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisgobbler

Hello all, I've lurked around here for quite a while. I'm not much of a social media guy, (No Facebook, no Instagram, no twitter) so this forum is at the moment the only thing worthy of me doing online. As such I thought I might as well come out of the shadows and introduce myself.
I'm Don, I'm 50 years old, from Wisconsin and was introduced to the wonder of turkey hunting and it's associated mysticism in the spring of 1978. I have a 13 year old son who is my #1 turkey hunting buddy and a 6 year old daughter who is my bluegill slaying partner.
I spend as much time as I can watching and hunting turkeys, fishing, bowhunting whitetails, and in my off season watching Youtube videos by Jason Cruise and Shane Simpson to help pull me through until I can be sitting against a tree again.
This place and all of you associated with it have been a great source of info as well as entertainment to me. I hope I can pay some of that back at some point. At any rate I hope you all are having a fantastic season. We are all tagged out here but really thinking hard on hunting some of the later seasons here in Wisconsin in some of the zones we have never hunted that have some left over permit availability.

Best regards,
Don

MK M GOBL

Welcome Don!

Good bunch of turkey hunters on here, good to share and learn from too.

MK M GOBL

Harty

Hey Don,

Welcome and thanks for the introduction. I started out as a lurker as well and joined last year. Glad I did.Very knowledgeable Turkey people on this site willing to share info. Even better just nice people. I hail from SE wisconsin . I saw in the general forum that you tagged out. Very pleased for you. I know how elated that makes you feel.

Regards, Harty

tomstopper

Welcome Don. Good luck to you and your boy if you make go in the later season

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.