turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SX3 coyote

Started by COMO, April 07, 2019, 01:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMO

I am in the market for a turkey specific gun. I have been looking at a Winchester sx4 universal hunter but today I found a great deal on a SX3 coyote. Any opinions on the SX3 coyote? Good turkey gun?  Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks

RiverRoost

I have basically the same gun just in the Longbeard edition that has the cantilever attached to the barrel and it's an awesome turkey gun. Shooting a .670 and nitro shells and it throws a killer pattern. I think the Winchester's pattern extremely well due to the backbore barrels. You'll love the pistol grip as it's so steady to hold on a turkey and is really handy to just grab and hold the gun balanced on you kneee when waiting. I'd recommend getting the gun

COMO

COMO

When I compare the two. I like the coyotes pistol grip and two piece fiber optic sight. The universal hunter has a single bead which seems fine but with the tight patterns today I like the two piece for more precision when in close. They are both tapped so I may add a scope eventually. Cheers

limbhanger777

That should be a great turkey gun, may want to upgrade the choke as a coyote shotgun will typically have choke meant for shooting large shot like #4 buck through

Gobblerslobber

I have the sx3 coyote and I thinks it's better than the long beard. I owned the long beard before I bought the coyote and the cantilever rail was crooked from the factory so I got a refund for it. The coyote is drilled and tapped for a rail which is superior to the cantilever rail for mounting a optic IMO. It also has a vent rib barrel and comes with the best fiber optic sights for turkey hunting. I prefer the all black over camo because it will never wear off. Buy it!!