turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

my ten barked

Started by robp, May 01, 2011, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robp

New to the forum new to turkey hunting. This forum rocks I wish we could take 2 birds in Minnesota
Despite the cold weather My ten gauge and 2 1/4 OZ of hard number #5s got the job done. Like Robert Raurk says "use enough gun"

9 inch beard 1 1/8" spurs

I have a sp10 but I still want a Ithaca MAG 10 they just feel better something about old guns
rp

Hognutz

Very nice bird. Congrats on a great hunt. I like the gun as well..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Basser69

Hognutz

Is that some sort of custom/modified recoil pad? It looks a little funky..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

robp

Thank you for your kind words. That is a 1" kick ez pad it looks kinda funky because of the angle of camo tape. When I installed it I matched the pitch of the factory stock and took of a 1/8" of wood to get the length of pull where I wanted.

cannonball

gobbler74

Welcome to the forum...some here know it all, some a little, some ain't got a clue. Congrats on your turkey. Hang out pick up some tips and share as well.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

earlybird

Congrats on the 10ga bird, i wasn't too happy about the performance of my mag10 on the one i got.

deadbuck

surehuntsalot

nice bird and good looking gun....congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lastofthebreed

Congratulations on a very nice bird.  Interesting you should quote Robert Ruark in your post.  His book "The Old Man and The Boy"  is a must read for any hunter - I never get tired of reading it.

I took my first three (of five limit in SC) with my Browning BPS in 10 ga. this year and then decided to hunt with my Mossberg 835 12 ga. the rest of the season.  I did manage to get two more birds for my limit despite that particular handicap.

turkey slayer

Great bird congrats!!