OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Survey

Started by ChiefBubba, December 15, 2019, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

Money is the downfall of many things. As mentioned there intentions are good but nothing happens as in the beginning which is a shame. I thought the questions were unusual and some ridiculous. I hate that Karen Cavender lost her job with all the hard work and people she helped. Hopefully they will find there way again and lead conservation organizations toward the real objectives which is wildlife and habitat.

MK M GOBL

Been a supporter of the NWTF for years, started a chapter in here  SE  WI and made it grow (actually now divided into 3 other chapters). I moved from the area and then back to WI on the SW side. Still a supporter and can't say I get to much in to all of the politics but feel as long as they are still working on conservation of turkeys, education, safety and the 3 R's they'll still see my $$$ every year.

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

Quote from: MK M GOBL on December 16, 2019, 10:37:13 PM
Been a supporter of the NWTF for years, started a chapter in here  SE  WI and made it grow (actually now divided into 3 other chapters). I moved from the area and then back to WI on the SW side. Still a supporter and can't say I get to much in to all of the politics but feel as long as they are still working on conservation of turkeys, education, safety and the 3 R's they'll still see my $$$ every year.

MK M GOBL
AMEN , AMEN , AMEN ... great post ... guys you really need to listen to us older guys ...

eggshell

MK M GOBL & GREGG MASSIE

I would agree they're still doing good things and your willingness to support hunting and wildlife is great. I personally feel they don't manage their money well and sportsmen and women aren't getting a good return. I think if you took your dues and spent them on seed for a food plot you'd do more for turkeys. I have not looked at a financial statement for years to see how much of each dollar actually goes to wildlife. What most people don't realize is most state Wildlife agencies take donations. In Ohio you can donate to the state habitat fund when you buy your license. Since I worked for ODW over 30 years I can assure you those donations are ear marked for the use you specify. That's better return than the NWTF. You can also donate directly to a wildlife area. For example go talk  to a biologist and see what they need and then work towards funding it. I had hunters and fishermen donate a lot to my facility and every dime went to what they wanted it spent on .