OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Want Another Dixon Vest

Started by Sasha and Abby, April 03, 2019, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy6471

Just curious and I'm definitely not trying to insult or step on anyones toes, so forgive my ignorance, but what makes that Dixon vest so special? I've seen them over the years, but I've never had one in my hands.

I started with a 10x vest (I've had 3) when they first hit the market over 20 years ago and I've used several different brands/styles over the years. Although most served the purpose, I've never found one that I considered the "perfect" vest. Sure some were better than others, but I guess for me as long as they have the key features...flip down seat, padded back rest, lots of individual pockets to keep my calls organized and provide quick, quiet and easy access to everything....that's all I'm looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be without a vest as I want all of my stuff organized and in one place, so I can just grab my vest and go. In fact, because I travel to Florida each spring for a hunt with a buddy, I have a vest that I leave right at his place. It's stocked with all of the essentials including several calls and it's ready to go, so I definitely get the attachment to having a vest. I'm just not that particular on brand. Maybe if I had a Dixon vest, I would feel differently. IDK. Just wondering. Thanks

Greg Massey

Quote from: randy6471 on January 19, 2020, 09:01:18 PM
Just curious and I'm definitely not trying to insult or step on anyones toes, so forgive my ignorance, but what makes that Dixon vest so special? I've seen them over the years, but I've never had one in my hands.

I started with a 10x vest (I've had 3) when they first hit the market over 20 years ago and I've used several different brands/styles over the years. Although most served the purpose, I've never found one that I considered the "perfect" vest. Sure some were better than others, but I guess for me as long as they have the key features...flip down seat, padded back rest, lots of individual pockets to keep my calls organized and provide quick, quiet and easy access to everything....that's all I'm looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be without a vest as I want all of my stuff organized and in one place, so I can just grab my vest and go. In fact, because I travel to Florida each spring for a hunt with a buddy, I have a vest that I leave right at his place. It's stocked with all of the essentials including several calls and it's ready to go, so I definitely get the attachment to having a vest. I'm just not that particular on brand. Maybe if I had a Dixon vest, I would feel differently. IDK. Just wondering. Thanks
It's the story about Bob Dixon , that makes the vest so special. Bob worked for Toxey at Mossy Oak..

randy6471

Thanks Greg...definitely makes sense now.

dublelung

Quote from: Greg Massey on October 31, 2019, 08:53:47 AM
Check out Glenda Green on Facebook, she makes awesome satchel, if you ever try one you will leave the vest at home ...
What do you sit on to keep your butt dry while you're leaving the vest at home?

Spitten and drummen

I have a lightweight turkey lounger. I have 2 claw slings on it and wear it on my back. Never really know its there until Im ready to use it. I can sit a looooong time comfortably in it and its so low to the grounb I dont stick out. Been using it 10 years along with my vest. Even took the cushion off and leave it at home.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

3bailey3

how do you have the slings attached, please send me a pic, I have just been carrying mine.

paboxcall

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 20, 2020, 09:20:33 PM
how do you have the slings attached, please send me a pic, I have just been carrying mine.

X2, if you wouldn't mind. I'm interested to see how you made this work.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

dublelung

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 20, 2020, 09:20:33 PM

Me too and while I love using it, it's a pain to carry through thickets and across branches.