OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A call picture.......I hope

Started by lasttombstone, March 31, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasttombstone

Since I am still new here and was asked to post a picture of wingbone calls I had made, I'm going to try and see how it works.

Spring Fever

Those look good. I really like the deer antler.

lasttombstone

That seemed to work but not like everyone else's but I'll go with it for right now.  The first picture is just some calls I have made within the last year.  I'll try to add a couple more here from last year and the last picture is 3 calls I started recently.

lasttombstone

Thanks Spring Fever.  Seems I don't have the picture posting down quite yet.  Here is the picture that was left out.  I have just been doing this for grins and giggles but would appreciate any critiques anyone can offer.

Chris O

I personally like your traditional 3 pc wingbones with the white bone. Wrap those joints with something and that would make them pop  Nice work and thanks for sharing your calls

lasttombstone

Thanks Chris.  That is what I was looking at for the 3 in process but I have never tried molding/blending the joints and have no experience nor equipment for wrapping.  I'll see how it goes.  Those 3 calls were the first one's I have ever tried to polish so that is a step.  The darker one is my first attempt at staining with coffee and I kinda like it as well.

Chris O

I like the stained as well. I am not very artistic at all , but a basic solid color wrap would help the looks. I don't know if you could sand the joints some so they would be smaller might make it easier to wrap. I have never built a call so I have no idea , I am just giving you my thoughts. I look forward to more pictures from you.

EZ

Very nice! You do a very neat job. Well done.

lasttombstone

Thank you EZ.  I am beginning to think that, with as few calls as I do, and since it is more for fun that monetary, I will just leave things at the point they are and forego the wrapping.  As an accomplished call maker, what do you use to join bones together?  I sometimes have trouble finding something that dries clear.

EZ

backforty

I'm  by far no expert but I wrapped this one by hand. I beveled the edge of the bone with sandpaper and tapered the rest of the joint with epoxy.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

lasttombstone

That's a great looking call Backforty.  Beautiful work.

Bowhuntr73

Very nice the wrap looks like carbon

backforty

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on April 03, 2019, 09:04:29 AM
Very nice the wrap looks like carbon
Its serving thread for bow strings

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

roverboy

Good looking calls guys. I've not made a wingbone in a long time but, have got the bug lately.
Listen for the gobble